Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - bus error??
bus error??

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:31 am    Post subject: bus error??

hi.

I installed open office from a file called "ooo1013darwinfb.dmg.gz". When I clicked on the "start openoffice.org" icon, it appeared that the program ran, but nothing happened. When I try to run "/Applications/OpenOffice.org1.0.1/program/soffice" from an xterm, I get "bus error". I am running Mac OS X.2.6 with 640MB of RAM on a 400 Mhz PowerPC G3. It's a grape iMac version 2.2. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this and if there is any way to get open office to run?

thanks.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:12 am    Post subject:

Hmm...when you started from a terminal, are there any error messages that pop out between when you try to "sh soffice" and the Bus Error message? Offhand I'd think the first culprit might be the NULL locale issue that's known in the 101 Final Beta. To work around that, try changing the language explicitly in the System Preferences International pane.

We should have our 103 RC 1 installer ready soon that addresses the NULL locale issue as well as a couple of others. I'm doing our final rebuild of the source now, but it may take a while to get ready. Can you post any extra information on what you see in the terminal with the bus error so we can see if we got it solved already?

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1