Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Where to download OOo 2.0 beta Mac ?
Where to download OOo 2.0 beta Mac ?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org X11 Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M-Rick
Operator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Where to download OOo 2.0 beta Mac ?

On OOo website it is possible to download OOo 2.0 beta, but impossible to find the mac x11 version, same on the FTPs, where is it possible to try it ?
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to download OOo 2.0 beta Mac ?

M-Rick wrote:
On OOo website it is possible to download OOo 2.0 beta, but impossible to find the mac x11 version, same on the FTPs, where is it possible to try it ?

Il n'existe pas.

ericb posted one of his milestone builds a while back (it's several milestones back from what is beta, is missing a lot of Mac-specific patches (including the Unicode filename patches)--some things never change, apparently lots of things don't work yet, it's not using the official Mac installer, and installs in /opt. Or so I understand from postings on dev@porting.

http://ooo.lab-project.net/~ebachard/MacOSX/2.0/m79/

Smokey

Operator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject:

thank you ! Smile

nic for /opt/local path, like this it will not come to polute my /usr/local and I will just have to delete the /opt folder to erase OOo.
fridrich
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: OOo 2.0 for MacOSX X11

A pretty up-to-date build can be found at
ftp://ftp.linux.cz/pub/localization/OpenOffice.org/devel/680/SRC680_m83/Build-1/
fabrizio venerandi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject:

dezipping the last link, I have a lot of installer installing pieces of Oo. Where do they install Oo? Why are 10+ different installers?
naramsin
Sentinel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject:

fabrizio venerandi wrote:
dezipping the last link, I have a lot of installer installing pieces of Oo. Where do they install Oo? Why are 10+ different installers?

Here's how I got it to work:

select all the packages and launch them (command-A then command-down arrow). The ten or so windows will stack over each other. Enter your password (you only have to do this once). Install each package, one after the other, minimizing them to the dock as you go along (the Panther installer waits until it can install each package; nice). When you're done, click on them in order from the dock and close them when they are done.

OOo will be in an invisible folder called "opt." Use Tinkertool or some other program to make the files visible, or do a search for invisible files called "openoffice.org1.9" in the finder.

Drag the "OpenOffice.org1.9.XX" folder to your Applications folder. If you have OOo 1.1.2, drag the Start OOo program to the new OOo folder. Then grab the converted fonts out of the "/Applications/openoffice.org1.1.2/share/fonts/truetype" folder. Delete or move the 1.1.2 version, and rename the 1.9.XX version to 1.1.2 (so Start OOo will work), and give it a label color or icon so you can distinguish it from the real 1.1.2 folder (Maybe someone knows how to make the StartOOo app recognize the Beta?

The Beta totally rocks. Nice icons, speedy, lots of nice little touches here and there. Plus the ability to use the new doc format. Good luck!

naramsin
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: OOo 2.0 for MacOSX X11

fridrich wrote:
ftp://ftp.linux.cz/pub/localization/OpenOffice.org/devel/680/SRC680_m83/Build-1/

I'd like to play around with this, but Safari/Finder won't get into this url - says some data could not be read or written (error code -36).
Any other links to this?

- yoxi
fabrizio venerandi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject:

I used terminal
Fredrik

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:28 am    Post subject:

Or use Firefox.
(Have not downloaded, have no time for play right now, but I could browse the directories)

Cheers
Fredrik
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject:

Fredrik wrote:
Or use Firefox.

Thanks - FireFox/Camino both worked. Why can't Safari cope with this? (Idle question...)

- yoxi
fabrizio venerandi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject:

safari do not have ftp

for x11 you can also put the

/opt/openoffice.org1.9.83/program/soffice

string in x11 'Application' menu, without the old starter for old Oo 1.1

A thing I never understand: why apple says x11 support quartz antialiasing, and Oo have not the quartz that neooffice got?

f.
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Got it working now - though it has the old 'contextual menus too tall for the screen' problem - you can scroll down the menu, but the top item is hidden.

It's pretty, but actually I find the toolbars harder to make out, they're so muted and 'fussy' compared to the old ones.

Incidentally, for starting it up, you can also use Coool, an alternative startup app to 'Start OpenOffice.org'; it gives you a little menu of Writer, Calc etc. to open if you ctrl-click on the dock icon (or a launchpad with buttons if you like that). Just needs to new path to the OOo app entering in the prefs.

- yoxi
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Launching OO0 2.0 in X11/XDarwin

This is great. I had downloaded the Windows version of OOo 2.0 to have a look at it under Virtual PC, but that of course is s-l-o-w and tedious, so I am delighted to find this javascript:emoticon('Very Happy') . I didn't think it existed. Now I have it running, thanks to fabrizio's advice, within minutes of downloading!

I run an XDarwin environment with both Gnome and KDE panels. I like to have things set up similarly to OSX. I now have a one-button launch, as I would have in OSX. Here's how [I'd add a screenshot if I knew how]:

Find an empty region on the KDE kicker panel [ie where you have no launch button for another program]

Cmd-click
That brings up a menu

Add>Special button>Non-KDE Application takes you to a setup screen for your launch

Your cursor should be in the "Executable" box. Click on "select file..." button and navigate to:

/opt/openoffice.org1.9.83/program/

select "soffice" [or "swriter" if you only want to launch writer or "simpress" if..]

This should insert an executable path into the box.

Then add a button by clicking on the hollow rectangle and selecting an icon [I actually browse to where I have some nicer OOo open source icons]

Press OK a couple of times, and you should have an OOo launch button in your panel.

Hope this may be of use to someone. There's probably a better way. I'm an aged newbie, so I'm still learning. Confused
gand
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: OOo 2.0 for MacOSX X11

fridrich wrote:
Browsing ftp.linux.cz site I've find this latest package:
ftp://ftp.linux.cz/pub/localization/OpenOffice.org/devel/680/SRC680_m87/Build-2/

I've followed naramsin instructions (command-A then command-down arrow) to install all packages. Now OpenOffice.org1.9.87 folder is in /application folder Smile
Just configure preferences of Coool, et voilà:

Great, who is working on it? Is there a Bugzilla?

Thanks a lot .L.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: Launching OO0 2.0 in X11/XDarwin

aussie149 wrote:
[I'd add a screenshot if I knew how]

You can host your screenshots for free here:
http://imageshack.us/ or http://www.picvault.info/

Then copy/paste url.

ImageWell is a good tool to edit and resize screeshots.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org X11 Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2