Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Confirmation code for lost password never sent!
Confirmation code for lost password never sent!

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woody
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 12:03 pm    Post subject: Confirmation code for lost password never sent!

I lost my password for wadel1 and tried 3 times to get a confirmation code for get the password, but never recieved it... I have now had to create a new user Woody.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:23 am    Post subject:

Yeah, that's what I was trying to fix yesterday. There's some problems with the mailing code in the pHP for the lost password stuff. Did you see any error messages on the "confirmation" page? I'll spend some more time debugging it through the week...thomas is also having issues, but I thought I had fixed them Sad

ed
Woody
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: No errors

No errors were reported it said successful and said with 24hrs it would be sent...
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Please try again on your account with the lost password...the server ran out of disk space and I just noticed it today when I started getting SQL errors from Apache. When I looked at the logs (most of which were offscreen...) I noticed a whole bunch of sendmail "out of space" warnings which would have prevented e-mail from being sent.

ed
Terry Teague

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:31 am    Post subject: Re: Apache SQL errors

OPENSTEP wrote:
Please try again on your account with the lost password...the server ran out of disk space and I just noticed it today when I started getting SQL errors from Apache. When I looked at the logs (most of which were offscreen...) I noticed a whole bunch of sendmail "out of space" warnings which would have prevented e-mail from being sent.

ed

FYI - I have seen a few SQL error pages recently while reading these forums. Usually the problem would go away after I retried a little later. I didn't report them because it seemed like a temporary problem.

Regards, Terry
drofluf
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:07 am    Post subject: View Posts Since Last Visit

It also seems that the "View Posts Since Last Visit" link is broken. I get a message no topics meet your criteria or somesuch.

Is it linked to the same issue. Not urgent I realise but I thought that someone might like to know.

Paul
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:29 am    Post subject:

As to the SQL error pages, did they list something like "connection lost"? Sometimes I've seen that if there are more then two requests being processed simultaneously by the database. I believe it may be a timeout that needs to be increased somewhere, but it's becoming more frequent as the hit count to the server increases.

Does anyone have any recommended pointers for mySQL database tuning resources? I'm sure there have to be things I can optimize Smile

ed
Terry Teague

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: MySQL errors

OPENSTEP wrote:
As to the SQL error pages, did they list something like "connection lost"? Sometimes I've seen that if there are more then two requests being processed simultaneously by the database. I believe it may be a timeout that needs to be increased somewhere, but it's becoming more frequent as the hit count to the server increases.
ed

Well, here is what I got tonight when I clicked on the Forums link the first time.

Code:
Could not query forum moderator information
DEBUG MODE
SQL Error : 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during query
SELECT aa.forum_id, u.user_id, u.username FROM nuke_bbauth_access aa, nuke_bbuser_group ug, nuke_bbgroups g, nuke_users u WHERE aa.auth_mod = 1 AND g.group_single_user = 1 AND ug.group_id = aa.group_id AND g.group_id = aa.group_id AND u.user_id = ug.user_id GROUP BY u.user_id, u.username, aa.forum_id ORDER BY aa.forum_id, u.user_id
Line : 269
File : /htdocs/modules/Forums/index.php

And when I first tried to respond to this very message, I got the following error :

Code:
phpBB : Critical Error
Could not query config information
DEBUG MODE
SQL Error : 2006 MySQL server has gone away
SELECT * FROM nuke_bbconfig
Line : 225
File : /htdocs/modules/Forums/common.php

Regards, Terry
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1