Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Where to download OOo 2.0 beta Mac ?
Where to download OOo 2.0 beta Mac ?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org X11 Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aussie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Launching OO0 2.0 in X11/XDarwin

Anonymous wrote:
aussie149 wrote:
[I'd add a screenshot if I knew how]

You can host your screenshots for free here:
http://imageshack.us/ or http://www.picvault.info/

Then copy/paste url.

ImageWell is a good tool to edit and resize screeshots.

Thanks for the advice. I've found out something useful FFR. I've put two screenshots at this address, of setup for OO0 2.00, including the setup for the panel button. I haven't yet figured out how to take a screenshot in X *while* you are doing an action, like clicking on menus.

http://img32.exs.cx/gal.php?g=kdeooobutton4ri.jpg

Peter

PS I only do this as a compromise to see how a successful 2.00 operation would work in os x: I will mainly use Neo.
gand
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Launching OO0 2.0 in X11/XDarwin

aussie wrote:
I haven't yet figured out how to take a screenshot in X *while* you are doing an action, like clicking on menus.

Use keyboard.
Cmd+shift+3 for all screen (then edit/crop with imagewell or other utility)
Cmd+shift+4 for a part of the screen
Cmd+crtl+shift+3 or 4 to paste screenshot in the clipboard

Or use a good screnshot utility like SnapzPro
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject:

You can also used the timed features of Grab.app

Smokey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: OO m87 Build-2 database Error

Maybee this is the wrong place, but while testing m87 Build-2 I recognized an error when I tried to create a new database. Selecting the Table-View of the newly created DB gave me the Error "Error code: -1 java/sql/Savepoint". Creating a DB from an imported Excel File worked fine and I was able to get to Table View without any errors...

In general I got a positive impression about the coming 2.0. The build was very fast - even on my old eMac 700. The only thing that made me nervous where those context-sensitive popping up menubars that I could't get rid of...

regards and thanks to the developers and to the people who made the build, bak
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject:

You are most likely using a JDBC driver that requires Java 1.4.x and, since OOo only loads Java 1.3.1, you will get these types of Java exceptions.

To fix the problem, you will need to find a JDBC driver that is Java 1.3.1 compatible.

Patrick
bak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Thank's for the hint - I will try...
bak
kiwi
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: awesome

I have bullyed panther into obeying my command (hey maybe I'll join a circus) and installed the latest 2.0 beta build. WOW!

This is good enough to go gold IMVHO. Made database connection, connected to PostgreSQL database (don't forget to use Java 1.3.1).

The interface is beautiful. And is in French! Smile

I am running on B&W rev2 G3 with 256 Mb RAM (4 different makes, 1 in each slot...) 3Gb (Classic uses the other 3Gb of standard Mac disk) system disk and 40 Gb /Users, /Applications and /swap disk.

Tony
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Latest Build

I had a look for latest version of OOo 2 for mac:

ftp://ftp.linux.cz/pub/localization/OpenOffice.org/devel/680/SRC680_m89/Build-0/

appears to be the latest mac build of OOo 2, from what I can see. I have downloaded it and it appears to run okay. I run XDarwin with KDE and Gnome panels, os x 10.3.8.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: Latest Build

aussie149 wrote:
ftp://ftp.linux.cz/pub/localization/OpenOffice.org/devel/680/SRC680_m89/Build-0/

Did it mess up permissions and ownership on / and /Applications when you installed it?

Smokey

The Merovingian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: permissions

Not that I'm aware of -yet! Now i'm worriedjavascript:emoticon('Smile')
jncomas
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: Latest Build

sardisson wrote:
aussie149 wrote:

Did it mess up permissions and ownership on / and /Applications when you installed it?

Smokey

Yes, both the recent Build-0 and the previous build changed ownership of my Applications folder to "unknown" (though I couldn't find any other changes).

Also, I haven't been able to get spadmin to launch, either via the terminal or Coool.

Jim
lga
Sentinel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Hello,

I gave it a try, and in my case it changed the permissions to an existing user on my box. The root directory also got changed. I guess the program gets installed with the uid of the packager.

spadmin crashes with a bus error when launched.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject:

lga wrote:
I gave it a try, and in my case it changed the permissions to an existing user on my box. The root directory also got changed. I guess the program gets installed with the uid of the packager.

In my case, it was my #3 user (and it invented a group with the same name)....

Building a proper Mac OS X installer package takes care, and Apple makes it very easy to screw up. Smile

lga wrote:
spadmin crashes with a bus error when launched.

I think that's a "known issue" with the Mac builds right now.

Smokey

Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject:

I can't say anything about permissions because I have made both Users and Applications mounts in fstab to partitions on a 40 Gb disk. Let's just say that it isn't as easy to do as with Linux... And permissions are hard to fix on partitions... My Mac OS X being a French version there is allready a system alias between Users and Utilisateurs. Does anyone know where that lives?

For the moment everything works so the machine has moved upstairs to my sons bedroom where it can make noise all day long while I work in "hush" quietness downstairs. I am running OSXVNC and the Fedora Core VNC client.

Cheers

Tony
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org X11 Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2