· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Beginning move to 1.1 source on HEAD
Beginning move to 1.1 source on HEAD

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice/C Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:32 pm    Post subject: Beginning move to 1.1 source on HEAD

Ok, Dan, I started doing it even though I haven't finished going through applying patches and the like. For those who are curious...

The eventual migration strategy that was decided upon was the following:

1) Determine a set of patches that contain the changes applied in the Neo source base from OOo 1.0.1 (OOo1.0.1->Neo0.0.1 patch set)
2) Import a fresh copy of OOo 1.1 source with gcc3 compile support into the Neo CVS repository
3) Apply the Neo patches back into the source.

There turned out to be an enormous amount of code drift within the OpenOffice.org source from 1.0.x to 1.1, and this made my original approach of generating OOo 1.0 -> OOo 1.1 patches and integrating with the older Neo sources really time consuming.

All work on the 1.1 migration is occurring on HEAD, so if you're trying to grab source that's buildable you definitely want to use the "Pre11Source" tag that roughly contains the NeoOffice IG code.

Thus far, on HEAD, old 1.0.x files that are not in 1.1 have been removed. I'll post again when I've finished committing the new 1.1 code (may be tomorrow or Thurs. as I have pressing work getting preso ready for conference deadline)

ed
fa
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Ed, doing an update now, hope to be able to work on it soon.

Dan
fa
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Ed,

Modules in OOo 1.1RC5 that are not in Neo:
accessibility
bitstream_vera_fonts
boost
crashrep
curl
dictionaries
embedserv
filter
i18n_simple
i18nutil
icu
jpeg
lingu
netbeans_integration
np_sdk
openssl
psprint_config
python
pyuno
quadevOOo
readlicense_oo
regexp
rupapi
sane
sdk_oo
smoketest
testshl2
twain
unixODBC
x11_extensions

Modules still in NeoOffice HEAD that are not in OOo 1.1:
apiwww
aspell
inet
ldapber
logging
product
pspell
rscpp
sip
ext_log4j

Dan

Last edited by fa on Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:35 pm    Post subject:

So you're the one griding the CVS server down Wink

(cooking dinner)

Dan, just be aware that the update you're doing right now will leave everything in an intermediate state...it'll remove the 1.0.x files that aren't in 1.1, but it *won't* put in the new 1.1 files since I haven't gotten a chance to commit them yet Sad I am still verifying the magic CVS directory moving voodoo to commit them.

So...you'll have to do yet another update to get the full 1.1 branched source. I'll post here when all of the files are committed. I've got some Fosters, so we'll see if after a few I neglect my osxcon stuff and try to get this junk committed finally Smile

ed
fa
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Ah, so that's where all the files went Smile Seriously, my Neo tree was so screwed up anyway that its good riddance.

I thought you'd committed most of what needed to go in so far...

Dan
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Right now I'm finished CVS adding the directory structure, and am busy CVS adding the files. It may not complete by the time I go to sleep Sad CVS is notoriously slow, even when on a local network...for each add it's opening a new connection, establishing lock file, executing add, closing connection, etc. and there's network traffic for all.

Once the next CVS add step finishes I'll be able to run a CVS commit. It should take about 5-8 hrs. from past experience as it does not only its checks but also merges from 1.0.x to 1.1.x source in its internal RCS files.

CVS is god awful IO bound on my serer. The bottleneck isn't the processor of the server, but the slow performance of the Ultra66 ATA and WD drive connected to it as it creates and destroys thousands of lock files and directories. I'm sure the blazing performance of NTFS just helps it along. The only time it's really CPU bound is when commits occur and it does the file diffs.

Ah, the joys of CVS. But I will say this...

It's still a hell of a lot faster then sourcesafe.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice/C Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1