· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - OpenDocument Compatibility
OpenDocument Compatibility

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoLight Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: OpenDocument Compatibility

OK, after perusing the final OpenDocument spec, I believe the present NeoLight plugin is mostly compatible. Here's a list of what I see different:

- Text is still in <text:p> elements.
    - Headers are in <text:h> elements. I should index these too into the text content element.
    - Still seems Calc docs store visible representations in text:p elements
    - Still appears draw:text-box is supported for draw docs, but I'm not sure if bullets in presentations are still using text box elements or if they changed
    - meta.xml format seems to be unchanged (dc:subject, dc:title, dc:description, meta:initial-creator, dc:creator)
    - meta:keywords seems to be gone; replaced by multiple meta:keyword elements?

Just a scratchpad. In general, it may need a few tweaks, but I think the way I'm doing it is general enough to continue to pull off the correct elements.

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: OpenDocument Compatibility

OPENSTEP wrote:

- Still appears draw:text-box is supported for draw docs, but I'm not sure if bullets in presentations are still using text box elements or if they changed
    - meta:keywords seems to be gone; replaced by multiple meta:keyword elements?

http://homepage.mac.com/sardisson/neoj/sample.ppt.odp

This is the sample.ppt presentation reworked as and OpenDocument presentation. Not reworked nicely, of course, because I can't stand to use OOo without the cmd-keys, and that's still missing from m91... But you've got your bullets, some Japanese, and some extended-Roman chars....

"Description" has title, subject, keywords, comments, and then there are 4 user-defined fields, each can be given a custom name as well as content.

I've given the 4 the labels Copyright, Trademark, GPL, and Open in this document and filled them with Patrick Luby, Edward Peterlin, Yes, and Yes.

"Regular" keywords field content is "NeoOffice, sample, presentation"

Hope this helps, since I'm not on 10.4 and probably won't be for a long while yet.

Smokey

The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject:

FWIW, the existing code should handle text:h elements. For writer documents I'm explicitly searching only for text: prefixes, not an explicit p or w suffix. I'm only doing that in draw/impress docs. Offhand, I'd think that the present dumb code should be able to handle both OOo 1.x and OpenDocument files without modification.

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: OpenDocument Compatibility

sardisson wrote:
This is the sample.ppt presentation reworked as and OpenDocument presentation.

Intriguing. Safari RSS automatically decompressed it as a zip archive even though it doesn't have a zip extenstion. Interesting.

But yes, that document does have multiple keywords that aren't enclosed in a <meta:keywords> tag...they're all in multiple <meta:keyword> singular tags. Will need to update the plugin to deal with that.

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: OpenDocument Compatibility

OPENSTEP wrote:
sardisson wrote:
This is the sample.ppt presentation reworked as and OpenDocument presentation.

Intriguing. Safari RSS automatically decompressed it as a zip archive even though it doesn't have a zip extenstion. Interesting.

Apple's pretty dumb about setting MIME types on homepage.mac.com; they don't even set the right MIME types for their own filetypes, like .icns. (Edit: no, it's getting sent as application/octet-stream, which while not the application/vnd.oasis.OpenDocument.presentation, is a least an appropriate generic and not application/zip or whatever.)

Safari must be doing some *bad* content-sniffing (bad compass, bad), or StuffIt expander is being overly energetic (and also doing content-sniffing). FWIW, Safari 1.3 (with "automatically open safe files" off) just saved it to disk and didn't open or decompress it.

Anyway....

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoLight Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1