Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - What is NeoLight?
What is NeoLight?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoLight Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
Speaking of which, when/if you'd like to get NeoLight on VersionTracker/MacUpdate/Freshmeat or any of the other listing sites that the NeoOffice Community Relations Team maintains for Neo/J, just let me know Smile

Looks like Apple Downloads has an entire featured category for Spotlight plugins, too.

Smokey

Oracle

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
sardisson wrote:
Speaking of which, when/if you'd like to get NeoLight on VersionTracker/MacUpdate/Freshmeat or any of the other listing sites that the NeoOffice Community Relations Team maintains for Neo/J, just let me know Smile

Looks like Apple Downloads has an entire featured category for Spotlight plugins, too.

Smokey

is ed going to submit NeoLight for this?

W
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Waldo wrote:
sardisson wrote:
sardisson wrote:

Smokey

is ed going to submit NeoLight for this?

W

Asking that very question was the point of the (re)post Smile Now that NeoLight is "in" Neo/J, that should mean Ed or Patrick consider it stable enough for widespread distribution, and golly, all those OOo users on 10.4 need to know that NeoOffice.org is really focused on improving the OOo experience on the Mac (hint..try the flagship product...hint) Smile

Smokey

The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject:

After the last build, I've seen few issues crop up after a week of usage. I'd say it's ready for widespread distribution. Right now the outstanding questions are that the installer includes an extraneous header file (harmless), may fail for filenames that include single quotes in them (rare, has workaround), and may require lsregisters for all accounts (an Apple flaw, IMHO).

Feel free to go ahead and post it Wink

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Ed, does the NeoLight plugin/installer behave according to Apple's guidelines for submission http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/submit/installers.html (basically just the third point; the other two I've read in the changelogs about, so I know they're met)?
Quote:
Have the Spotlight server reindex all the files your plug-in supports by running the following command as part of your installer script:
Code:
/usr/bin/mdimport -r /Library/Spotlight/Yourplug-in

Smokey

The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject:

The third point I don't meet as of yet. I'll fix that and repost when the updated installer is available with the new postflight script.

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject:

OK, I added a new postflight script to do that lsregister garbage command since Apple can't get their sh** together and do things right. It's at:

http://trinity.neooffice.org/downloads/neolight_installer.pkg.tgz

MD5Sum : 96cba39fd7c359691cc3ac327321c298

I'll update the wiki soon. There are no binary changes to the plugin, only that Apple-recommended change to the standalone installer. There is no need to install this if you have downloaded "1.1 RC Patch 4" of Neo/J either.

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: wiki updated

new md5 sum posted. no need to install if patch-4 or the previous 1.0.3 neolight is installed; only installer changed.

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Ed, your License.rtf file is corrupt, but License.1.rtf seems OK if you delete the corrput one and rename License.1.rtf to be License.rtf.

Also, why do I get a CVS folder in /Library/Spotlight ?

(Tried the installer just for kicks; doesn't seem to fubar anything on 10.3.9 so far....)

Smokey

Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Submitted to Apple Downloads

OK, I've done the submission to Apple Downloads. We should know in 3-5 days if NeoLight's been accepted Smile

Do you have a screenshot you want to include? Here's what others have done (Apple's 3 featured plugins):
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/spotlight/realbasicspotlightplugin.html
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/spotlight/neurolensspotlightplugin.html
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/spotlight/graphisoftmetadataimporter.html

Quote:
  • Your screen capture should be on a white background (use an empty folder) or desktop background.
  • Make sure the primary window you want to feature is active.
  • When cropping the image (for screen capture) make sure to include the entire shadow under the window(s).
  • Submitted screen shots should be full size tiff images.

Do you want me to list NeoLight on VersionTracker, MacUpdate, etc., too?

Smokey

Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: We're up!

Looks like Apple did it within 24 hours, although they didn't send any notice (I had thought they sent me things when I updated the Neo/J listing):

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/spotlight/neolightneoofficespotlightimporter.html

Now we just have to get NeoLight popular enough that Google will stop asking "do you mean 'neon light'"! Smile

Smokey

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: We're up!

sardisson wrote:
Looks like Apple did it within 24 hours, although they didn't send any notice (I had thought they sent me things when I updated the Neo/J listing):

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/spotlight/neolightneoofficespotlightimporter.html

Hey, they even featured it on the main Mac OSX page: http://www.apple.com/macosx/. Smile
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoLight Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2