NeoOffice :: View topic - up for testing
up for testing

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Mirrors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: up for testing

ok, set up the first part of the full mirror.

http://neo-downloads.sixthcrusade.com

what i need is people to download to test connection speed and reliability (and to make sure the files are coming through good)

I have the big three up there (NeoFY, NeoIG and Neo/J)

if it all looks good, in a few days we can link it to the 'downloads' page.

the main mirror site (neooffice.sixthcrusade.com) is still under construction (translation - i've been busy, sorry) should be ready soon though.

-j
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:39 pm    Post subject:

more up to test

http://neooffice.sixthcrusade.com

should be up and running, with info on both Neo and Neo/J. So if you can, run through the site, check the links, check the layout.

Remember, I want it to look good in Camino and Safari, not IE6.0 for WinXP. =)

Ed and Patrick, let me know if the content is good. I did edit out some things, but mostly bandwidth/server information. Let me know if you want more/less links, content, disclaimers, whatever.

Patrick, I'll gladly host the Neo/J patches, I just don't know how you want to have the downloads (static HTML page, just the directory, etc...)

-j
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject:

The site looks good. I am not too picky about the layout or format as I will most likely just make links to your files. After all, if they are already at my download site, there really is no need for users to have to go to a second download page.

Also, the format looks really good. As long as you keep the content fairly current, I can't see any reason that you would need to duplicate my NeoOffice/J pages exactly.

I tried downloading the binaries and noticed one minor problem: the *.dmg file is being served as a "text/plain" document.

Since it appears that you are running an Apache web server, there is a little trick to make the download more agreeable for most browsers. Add the following lines to your .htaccess file in the directory where the *.dmg file is located. This will set the content type that most browsers will treat as a "Save As" file.

Code:

AddType application/octet-stream .dmg
AddType text/plain .md5

<Files *.gz.md5>
RemoveEncoding .gz
</Files>

Patrick
Apricot
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 7:31 pm    Post subject: very peppy site

nice speedy mirror; I haven't tried downloading anything huge, but the response is very zippy.

- Apricot
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 5:20 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the inputs.

One of my friends had an issue with Safari and the links, the words were white until she moused over, then she could see them. But I cannot reproduce this, anyone else have this issue?

-j
Terry Teague

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: up for testing

jakeOSX wrote:
ok, set up the first part of the full mirror.

http://neo-downloads.sixthcrusade.com

what i need is people to download to test connection speed and reliability (and to make sure the files are coming through good)

the main mirror site (neooffice.sixthcrusade.com) is still under construction (translation - i've been busy, sorry) should be ready soon though.

I tested it - as someone else said, it is zippy for downloads.

I believe a URL you have in your Links section is wrong, for Apple's X11.app.

The URL should be :

http://www.apple.com/macosx/x11/

Regards, Terry
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Ok, I fixed the link, added the .htaccess file and uploaded the newest print patch Patrick posted.

I think the site is ready, so Ed and Pat, feel free to link away.

-jake
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:33 pm    Post subject:

It appears that the content type entry in your .htaccess file is not working and the *.dmg files are downloading as "text/plain".

Is your .htaccess file readable by "other" so that your webserver can read it? If so, are you seeing anything in Apache's error log?

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Mirrors All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1