NeoOffice :: View topic - Version 1.0.4 : 6/14/05
Version 1.0.4 : 6/14/05

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoLight Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Version 1.0.4 : 6/14/05

I just posted a new release, version 1.0.4. The standalone installer is available at:

http://trinity.neooffice.org/downloads/neolight_installer.pkg.tgz

MD5Sum : db682de06cb36d4ea8275f95f69d9bac

The changelog can be seen on the NeoLight wiki page. This update allows Spotlight to index the textual content of headers and footers defined in page styles of the various OOo document types (bug 845).

If you are not a tester and have NeoOffice/J 1.1 RC Patch 4 or higher installed, it is advised to wait for the final NeoOffice/J 1.1 GM release to obtain this fix. The standalone installer will "trump" any future bugfixes that may be included in NeoOffice/J updates.

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Updated the listing at Apple Downloads for all the OOo folks Smile

Smokey

The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject:

I missed the NeoJ 1.1 Final deadline, but it'll be in one of the subsequent patches.

The 1.0.3 build is perfectly functional and doesn't have any bugs in it that have been reported thus far. The update simply adds the functionality of going through the headers and footers which, by design, don't contain too much text anyway and, hopefully, the real meat is in the document content rather than the headers Smile

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject:

I haven't had time to follow up on things as rapidly as I have wanted due to personal committments for the past week, but from browsing through Patrick's release notes it appears that 1.0.4 is included in 1.1 Final Patch-0.

This does slightly change how the kMDItemText is extracted as this is where Iäm injecting the header and footer text. Watch for failures in text indexing for all types of documents (headers and footers are universal).
Everything looked OK in my testing. The only bizarre things I was getting from mdimport were that apostrophes didn't seem to be getting through (just like they don't always on this Finnish keyboard with my US centric touch typing skills...), but Iäm not sure if that's something new in 1.0.4 or was there previously.

ed
Mox
Operator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:17 am    Post subject: OpenDocument problems

Hi,

I'm using the neolight plugin that comes with NO/J 1.1 Release. It works fine on sxw:s etc, but .odt:s and other OpenDocument files created with pre OO 2.0 X11 on Mac OSX are not found by spotlight.

I have two test files, both created with pre OO 2.0. The .sxw shows up fine when I search for Lorem or slart, but .odt does not.

Test files: neolight-test.sxw and neolight-test.odt

Can I somehow get it work, or is there a bug somewhere?

Last edited by Mox on Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject:

To get it to work with documents created by OOo 2.0 you'll need to add in the new OpenDocument extensions manually. If you navigate into the Spotlight plugin, you'll find the Info.plist. Edit it and under the UTI types add in the o** extensions to mirror the s** extensions.

I haven't added them to the full Info.plist yet because the OpenDocument compatibility is essentially untested. While what I wrote is theoretically compatible, I don't want to claim ownership until there's a better understanding of the extent.

ed
Mox
Operator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject:

Oh..

I understood the the OpenDocument compatibility very differently, when reading this from official apple download site:

Quote:
A plug-in that allows Spotlight to index metadata and content within the files created by NeoOffice/J and OpenOffice.org. It is compatible with documents generated by NeoOffice/J 0.8.4, NeoOffice/J 1.1, OpenOffice.org 1.x and OpenOffice.org 2.0 (OpenDocument).

I though it would actually work.

Anyways, NeoLight is a fine piece of software and I hope OpenDocument will start working eventually.

I updated the info.plist, you can dowload info.plist.neolight.zip.

After finally getting mdimport to actually recognise the new types (hack: zip .app, delete original, empty trash, unzip .app), the mdimporter just bluntly said: mdimport[408] Importer indicated failure for file ....

It did use the neolight.importer though: Import '...neolight-test.odt' type 'vnd.oasis.opendocument.text' using '...neolight.mdimporter/'

Any chances of getting this fixed?
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject:

Hrm, we had some static on the lines there. At some point the language present at Apple was used, so it appeared at Apple, but it wan't clear to me (partially because I'm on 10.3.9, I imagine) that OpenDocument support wasn't enabled by default. (Too many hats, too....)

I imagine there was better info on the full status of NeoLight on the wiki before it was slashdotted Sad

I don't know Ed's preference for handling errors and issues at the moment, but NeoLight does have a category in Bugzilla.

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoLight Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1