· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - announcement targets
announcement targets

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: announcement targets

We should make a list of places we should send the release announcements.

I am wondering is something like Reuters is even remotely interested, though I don't know how much tech news they collect.

Apple is another question. We should see if we can get on the favorites page (if the editors have any say in that) and maybe try to get on the hot news page (which has massive exposure). After all, Microsoft Office did..

Beyond that, there are a number of press syndicates (NY Times). They might take it, but perhaps only in conjunction with an article about OOo 2.0 (which we have no control over).

Does anyone have other ideas?

Best wishes,
Oscar

sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject:

Wow. OK, y'all are thinking a bit bigger than I was. Right now I was focusing on getting major online Mac sites/publications (there's a kind-of list at the bottom of the Neo/J advocacy page in the wiki, but it doesn't include any of the German sites we've been given contacts for, only that the list exists...)

Regardless, we need to make sure we have enough people to handle any follow-up queries from all the places we're going to send the announcement to (and in their languages)....

Smokey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject:

Try and contact David Pogue if you're going to the NY Times.

David is one of their technology contributors, and has a long history of Mac usage (used to write for MacWorld, if my memory serves me correctly) - he should be quite receptive to a message from Mac people.

He also has a website, davidpogue.com
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1