· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Icon replacing script
Icon replacing script

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
berchca
Councilperson

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:16 am    Post subject: Icon replacing script

So better late than never, I put my first stab at the icon-replacing script up at:
http://brettisangry.com/NeoOffice/
Any brave souls want to give it a try?

This is a simple start to a tool that could eventually handle all the aspects of icon replacement in Neo/J. How much further it gets developed depends a lot on how many people are interested in using it.

I think the readme is fairly comprehensive, but hit me with any questions or comments and I'll try smooth it out. I started this separate thread just to deal with issues surrounding the script.
schlesi
Oracle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject:

I can't unzip this file:

Quote:

SchlesisPowerbook:~/Desktop/Downloads/x thomas$ unzip Neo-Iconer.zip
Archive: Neo-Iconer.zip
End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.

Thomas
fabrizio venerandi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject:

I can unzip the folder, but it is impossibile use the darwin binary of ImageMagick-6.1.9, and -sorry- I do not want to spend time using fink.
schlesi
Oracle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject:

Hm, now I can download the file, too.

At my first attempts, it was a 2.2MB file, now it is a 6.8MB file.

Thomas
schlesi
Oracle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject:

Ok, I've tried it out and it worked.

The icons look "fresher" now, but I don't like the red background of several icons. Is there a way to replace the red background by a grey one?

Thomas
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject:

fabrizio venerandi wrote:
I can unzip the folder, but it is impossibile use the darwin binary of ImageMagick-6.1.9, and -sorry- I do not want to spend time using fink.

I'll see if I can use it with the 5.5.7 version available at http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/welcome.html#imagemagick. I understand that the 6.x.x version doesn't really work too well on the Mac. Or has that been solved in the mean time?

Bercha, did you change any names in the slotlist.csv, or can one keep using their old collections?

Thanks again,
Oscar

fabrizio venerandi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject:

actually the binary had to be manually placed in invisible /bin/ and other kind of unix folder... and after you do this, it is looking for strange library in stange places...
I'll wait for a double click installation of other icons... Wink

f.
fabrizio venerandi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject:

after last .pkg i got an:

Computer-di-fabrizio-venerandi:~/Desktop/Neo-Iconer fabrizio$ tclsh Neo-Iconer.tcl
ThemeDir: Aqua/22x22/
icon-size = (22,22)
num icons: 171
NeoOffice config directory:
/Users/fabrizio/Library/NeoOfficeJ-1.1/user/config/soffice.cfg/
couldn't execute "convert": no such file or directory
while executing
"exec convert -size $len$x$cy xc:$bg $out1"
(file "Neo-Iconer.tcl" line 622)
berchca
Councilperson

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject:

schlesi wrote:
Hm, now I can download the file, too.

At my first attempts, it was a 2.2MB file, now it is a 6.8MB file.

Thomas

Sorry about that, I made the post at the same time I made the post, then my internet connection went down for an hour.
berchca
Councilperson

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject:

schlesi wrote:
Ok, I've tried it out and it worked.

The icons look "fresher" now, but I don't like the red background of several icons. Is there a way to replace the red background by a grey one?

Thomas

Don't misunderstand what this is: This is a tool to help develop icons, none of the icons in the package are original to me.

The icons that are included with this are mostly icons collected by the guy who wrote the original script. I did add the red ones as the default "unreplaced icons" to help people see what Icons they haven't worked on. To get the grey ones, switch the 'understudy' setting in the config.tcl to .BaseIcons.
berchca
Councilperson

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
I'll see if I can use it with the 5.5.7 version available at http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/welcome.html#imagemagick. I understand that the 6.x.x version doesn't really work too well on the Mac. Or has that been solved in the mean time?

I can't speak for the whole ImageMagick collection, but the bits that are used by this script work very well. Unfortunately, I think there's some differences between the 5 and 6 versions and I don't think this script will run on the older one. Let me know if that's important and I'll see if I can't get it to work.

ovvldc wrote:
Bercha, did you change any names in the slotlist.csv, or can one keep using their old collections?

You can keep using your old collections. Do you have a more complete slotlist.csv? The next step is to expand that list and figure out a way to organize and label it that makes it easy to use for laymen (the idea being to reduce overhead for those who might be great designers and poor technos.)
berchca
Councilperson

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Beleive you me, if there as someway I could get by without requiring people to install an external program, I would.

Also, I was totally not kidding about FinkCommander being by far the easiest way to install ImageMagick. ImageMagick itself is great, but I think the install instructions were written in some combination of esperanto and latin.

Is there anyone out there who could dash off a quick install script for ImageMagick? It seems like a fairly easy task for someone who understand the BSD file structure, which I do not.
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject:

berchca wrote:

Is there anyone out there who could dash off a quick install script for ImageMagick? It seems like a fairly easy task for someone who understand the BSD file structure, which I do not.

As said, Marc Liyanage has these. And they work and put in the right path and everything. The 5.5.7 version worked with the old script (haven't had time to try the new one yet). The issue with the early 6.x.x version was that it gave all black icons instead of coloured ones..

Best wishes,
Oscar

berchca
Councilperson

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:

As said, Marc Liyanage has these. And they work and put in the right path and everything.

Sorry about that, I guess I ran through a those posts too quickly. I did talk with the ImageMagick folks, and it appears okay to repost the program and include an install script. I'll try to get that done this week.
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Imagemagick install

Hi,

I just came across this thread, suggesting there might be a way of getting Imagemagick in a package. Did that happen?
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2