Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Icon replacing script
Icon replacing script

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Imagemagick: ignore previous

Actually, i did mange to find the IMagemagick 6 package at the

http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/welcome.html#imagemagick
site referred to above, and it seems to have installed fine.
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: ...but [Neo-Iconer]

...I can't seem to get this going. The program seems to run OK, but when I start up NeoO, either it loads up with most buttons black, or [by clicking Tools>Options>View>Icon Size] and toggling the size, I seem to get the original icons back. I can't seem to get aqua icons or noia or whatever. Am using 10.3.8 and latest NeoO/J with patch 8.
berchca
Councilperson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Imagemagick install

aussie149 wrote:
Hi,

I just came across this thread, suggesting there might be a way of getting Imagemagick in a package. Did that happen?

I didn't, but it could. I got their permission to redistribute it and then got distracted by the idea of writing it an install script. Got partway into that and something really distracting happened (who knows what.)

I'll try to get to it tomorrow night and put up a fresh package. ImageMagick is the biggest pain in setting up the icon-replacing script.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject:

Note that ImageMagick can be a real nutball sometimes. I've actually found that version 6 can segfault on many things so I've stuck with the older version 5 for all of my photo processing automation.

You can find both versions on Marc Linyage's homepage:

http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/welcome.html

He also does extendedPDF and some good OOo guides as well Smile

ed
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Re: ...but [Neo-Iconer]

aussie149 wrote:
...I can't seem to get this going. The program seems to run OK, but when I start up NeoO, either it loads up with most buttons black, or [by clicking Tools>Options>View>Icon Size] and toggling the size, I seem to get the original icons back. I can't seem to get aqua icons or noia or whatever. Am using 10.3.8 and latest NeoO/J with patch 8.

Which is why I recommended ImageMagick 5 (even for Panther). I had the same when I used v6. Though I had hoped those bugs were gone by now..

berchca
Councilperson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: ...but [Neo-Iconer]

ovvldc wrote:
Which is why I recommended ImageMagick 5 (even for Panther). I had the same when I used v6. Though I had hoped those bugs were gone by now..

I've had several people sucessfully run this program now with v6. But version control is an issue until I include get ImageMagick into my package. But I'd like to get to the bottom of what is going wrong, if you're willing. The first thing would be to look at the icons the program created. They are stored in the library off your home directory:
[home]/Library/NeoOfficeJ-1.1/user/config/soffice.cfg/genBitmaps

It's a lot of folders if you're not a 'Terminal' user, but you can get there through the hard-drive as well. There's a file there called userimages.bmp, it's a large image strip of all the icons. If you zoom in, you can see the program icons and see if they have inordinate blackness.

Thanks for doing this....
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: thanks: icons in my library file

Thanks bercha,

I opened it in graphic converter and I see lots of icons in there - about 150. Far more than half are red-tinted, and none are black, whereas when I load up NeoO, I get about two showing up as "old" NeoO icons, and the rest are totally black. I'd send the jpeg to you if i knew how.

aussie Peter
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: imagemagick

I had imagmagick 6 from a fink installation. I went to the lyanage page, and installed the version 6 from there as well. Then, having a read a bit more from this thread, I downloaded version 5 from the lyanage site and installed that. Should I get 5 to be my preferred version to run - how would I de-activate the more recent versions?
berchca
Councilperson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: thanks: icons in my library file

aussie149 wrote:
Thanks bercha,

I opened it in graphic converter and I see lots of icons in there - about 150. Far more than half are red-tinted, and none are black, whereas when I load up NeoO, I get about two showing up as "old" NeoO icons, and the rest are totally black. I'd send the jpeg to you if i knew how.

aussie Peter

Hrm, sounds like it's not the converter itself that's failing, but I could be wrong. Could you tell me which icon set you are using? I'll run it through as many variations as I can to see what I can find out...
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: icons in the library folder

Hi berchca, that was quick javascript:emoticon('Smile')

I have tried changing the textedit file to a number of different themes, and the result is always the same set of icons in that useriamges file, which look to me like noia.

Peter
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: For Example

Here's how the config.tcl file currently looks, but no matter what I edit in 1., I get the same noia icons in that folder.

#!/usr/bin/tclsh
# BtJ conversion
################################################################################
# User Customizations
#
# Use Readme.html to guide you.
#
#
################################################################################

#####
# 1. choose your theme
# (don't forget the trailing '/')

# set ThemeDir "MyTheme/22x22/"
# set ThemeDir "Noia/22x22/"
# set ThemeDir "Nuvola/22x22/"
set ThemeDir "Gorilla/22x22/"
# set ThemeDir "gtk-stock/24x24/"
# set ThemeDir "Aqua/22x22/"
# set ThemeDir "MyTheme/16x16/"
# set ThemeDir "ikons/16x16/"
# set ThemeDir "../Win/22x22/"

#####
# 2. choose the understudy

set UnderstudyDir ".RedBaseIcons"
# set UnderstudyDir ".BaseIcons"

#####
# 3. background color

set bg "#f1f1f1"
# set bg "#C0C0C0"
berchca
Councilperson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: icons in the library folder

aussie149 wrote:
Hi berchca, that was quick javascript:emoticon('Smile')

I have tried changing the textedit file to a number of different themes, and the result is always the same set of icons in that useriamges file, which look to me like noia.

Peter

Okay, I'm going to throw together a version of the script that will let us try several different versions of imagemagick, if you're game. It will take about an hour, I'll check in here when it's done.
berchca
Councilperson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Testing the script

Peter, thanks again for helping me debug this. I've placed two files up at my website:
http://brettisangry.com/NeoOffice/

The first one I want you to try is "Test Patch 1.zip". Download it anywhere and copy the enclosed file and directory to your Neo-Iconer subdirectory. Then run "tclsh NI-TEST1.tcl", restart NeoOffice and see if it works.

If it doesn't work, I'd like you to try to copy the "userimages.bmp" that up on my FTP site directly into:
[home]/Library/NeoOfficeJ-1.1/user/config/soffice.cfg/genBitmaps
and see if that gives you any better results.

Oh, this probably isn't a forum-worthy discussion, so feel free to reply to me more directly at 'neooffice' at the same domain name the FTP site is at.
Rooster
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject:

Hi all,

I just used the Neo-Iconer-0.7 script with the ImageMagick-6.2.0 package and couldn't get the icons to show up. It was the same problem that aussie149 had: black icons in NeoJ, but the bitmap of the icons showed up okay using Photoshop. Installing the ImageMagick-5.5.7 instead and rerunning the icon replacement script fixed the problem. They're looking good, thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Andrew
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2