Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - PureFTPd Manager problems with settings!!!!!!!!!!!
PureFTPd Manager problems with settings!!!!!!!!!!!

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Ranting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keekoo
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: PureFTPd Manager problems with settings!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi can anyone help me with pureFTPd Manager
everythings working just fine but i cant get my download or upload over ca 60KB/s set every limit to 200up 500download user settings are also ok
so why isnt it working over like 1MB/s i get from ftp servers friends of mine are running.
im using a G5 and have dsl flatrate connection which is quite fast so
whats up please enlighten me!!!!!
and i allready fuckngoogledit.com sorry for that Wink
please tell me what im doing wrong
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject:

keekoo, if I've got the right end of the stick here:

What is it that's telling you you're getting 60Kb/s? If it's something like MenuMeters, 60Kb/s is what it should be showing for a 512K d/l broadband connexion, because we buy our broadband in Mbits (which makes it sound faster - marketing...), but network/modem throughput is generally shown in Mbytes (i.e. 8x smaller figure).

Allowing a few bits for handshaking and error-checking and all that, you're getting 60Kb/s x 8 = 480 kilobits/sec out of your available 512, which is pretty good - my first broadband 512 didn't go above about 55 most of the time!

Of course, the other thing is that just because my 1Mb broadband gives me 120Kbytes of d/l bandwidth to play with doesn't mean that the server I'm d/ling from will supply at that speed - most of the time I'm getting 40-50, which requires the installation of Patience v1.08 in my consciousness...

- yoxi
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Ranting All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1