Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - installed neoOffice and want to type & edit in Thai lang
installed neoOffice and want to type & edit in Thai lang

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nui
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: installed neoOffice and want to type & edit in Thai lang

Hi. I just installed OOo 1.1.2, neoOffice/J 1.1, patch6 and Thai language pack to my powerbook OS X. Since OOo and neoO support Asian languages I wonder if it's possible or by installing both programs would enable me to type and edit documents in Thai? Right now I can only bring in (open) a word document (written in Thai), view and edit by cut and paste. But I want to be able to type new Thai document from my powerbook. What other programs or steps need to be installed or done?

Can someone please advise?

Thank you.

Last edited by Nui on Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject:

I can't read it (not a Thai-speaker) but I guess the page http://th.openoffice.org/ will tell you about what's what in OOo and Thai.

- yoxi
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject:

I recommend that you use NeoOffice/J. It will handle Thai input and text display much easier than OpenOffice.org.

You can download NeoOffice/J from http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/download.php. Also, be sure to install the Thai language pack after you install NeoOffice/J. The Thai language pack can be downloaded from the same web page.

Patrick
Nui
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: installed neoOffice and want to type & edit in Thai lang

Thank you for your replies. I have installed both neoOffice and OOo, patch and Thai pack. The installs went successfully. I can open the program see menus in Thai. The problem is when I type from keyboard the language that comes out is still in English. How do I get the Thai characters come out when I type?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject:

In Neo/J, check that your keyboard is set to a Thai keyboard in the keyboard menus.

Patrick
Nui
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject:

Thank you. What is the path to keyboard language setting? In Neo/J I went to Tools>Configure and see Keyboard tab. But I did not find where I can set a flag to Thai keyboard. Please advise.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject:

You don't configure keyboards within Neo/J. Instead, use the Mac OS X menubar to set your keyboard. On Mac, you select the keyboard using the "flag" menu item to the right of the "Help" menu item just like you would do for any other Mac application.

Patrick
Nui
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: installed neoOffice and want to type & edit in Thai lang

Thank you for your help. I can now type in Thai language in bot Neo/J and OpenOfficeTLE. It's very nice! Very Happy
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1