NeoOffice :: View topic - Bug #542
Bug #542

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mith
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject: Bug #542

Hello,
I filed a new bug, I'm experiencing very frequent crashes. I didn't find how to attach the crashreport generated by OS X.

Maybe should be added to the bugzilla documentation how to do it?

thanks
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the suggestion; some of us are working on a "guide to filing a good bug" over in the NeoWiki and that's a point we need to include.

As for the answer: Once you've filed the initial bug report, go back to the report and you'll see an "Attachments" section at the bottom. Click "Create a new attachment," select the file on your disk (make sure it has a proper extension so the internet protocols will be happy), etc., click "upload attachment," and it will be added to the bug.

Smokey

The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion; some of us are working on a "guide to filing a good bug" over in the NeoWiki and that's a point we need to include.

As for the answer: Once you've filed the initial bug report, go back to the report and you'll see an "Attachments" section at the bottom. Click "Create a new attachment," select the file on your disk (make sure it has a proper extension so the internet protocols will be happy), etc., click "upload attachment," and it will be added to the bug.

Smokey

My recollection of my own experience with creating 'my first bug-report' was a little frustrating. I typed in the whole explanantion, then went to attach a file, which might have been a crash report - as you currently recommend in the wiki page - but then there's a message comes up warning you about refreshing which I okayed and lost all the text that I had so painstakingly written. So, I don't think we should be encouraging any attachments to the initial bug report message - or we need to modify that warning message so that the results of either action (cancel or okay, as I recall) are clearer before their application. Or was it just me and my lack of experience?

I've put this comment here as I wasn't sure that I should put it on the wiki page concerned or not? My current lack of experience in the dark arts of wiking (?) Embarassed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject:

As far as I can tell, you can't add an attachment when initially filing a bug.

I think what you're recalling is adding a comment to an existing bug and then trying to add an attachment before having hit "Update Bug" (I seem to recall seeing this warning once-upon-a-time, but I'll have to double-check). Still, this is a good "gotcha" that needs to be mentioned in the "guide" we want to write.

rays wrote:
I've put this comment here as I wasn't sure that I should put it on the wiki page concerned or not? My current lack of experience in the dark arts of wiking (?) Embarassed

The wiki is open to everyone (as long as one is constructive rather than destructive Very Happy), so feel free to add things--particularly on a page like this bugzilla guide one, which we're using to outline and sketch out the things we want to include in a final document (that will appear on the main page of bugzilla.neooffice.org to be immediately apparent to bugzilla users, new and old, we hope).

I think we finally have all of the various "help" links pointing towards help with MediaWiki style and formatting and Jake's rules for the NeoWiki Smile

Edit: Hmm, I just entered some text in bug 5 but did not update bug, clicked add attachment, added a copy of the GPL, and saw the text wiped out without warning. This is worse than before Sad

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1