Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - DBA (base de données)
DBA (base de données)

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buzhug35

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject: DBA (base de données)

Hello,
I've just installed OpenOffice on my Mac.
I want to create a primary key on a table that is already created and I can't manage to do that.
I want to create relations between two tables : I can add one table to the request but I can't add another one to create the relation.
The explanations of the help menu don't work.
Thanks a lot for helping me
Sad
fabrizio venerandi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject:

what database are you using?
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Note that if you're using MySQL (just a stab in the dark) you need to create the root databases from the MySQL client. If you've created the root database, you should be able to create new tables. At least this is the way it is in 2.0 betas on other platforms and probably will be for final...it's entirely possible that this doesn't extrapolate to 1.1 and you may need to create the tables in the MySQL client as well.

ed
buzhug35
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Database (base de données)

Hello,
Because I can't manage to reach my Mysql base (the port seems to be false), I use CALC spreadsheets to create table. I also try to create a new table from nothing. The same problem occurs : how can I do to put a primary key on one field ? I think that without a primary key, I couldn't manage to create relations between tables. I manage easily to do that with Access (that I discoverd after Open Office) ; I was sure that Openoffice was able to do the same thing. Is anyone who can help me ? (I'm not good in english spoken).
Thanks
kiwi
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject:

I'm just going to reply in French (yes I am showing off Very Happy )

J'utilise OOo Mac pour acceder à des bases de données PostgreSQL depuis quelque temps. OOo n'est pas le bon outil pour créer des bases relationneles (Access non plus d'ailleurs) mais est parfait pour acceder aux données et les mettre en form.

I faut mieux utiliser un outil spécifique pour créer les tables - j'utilise pgaccess pour créer mes bases PostgreSQL par exemple

Tony
buzhug35
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: et avec Mysql

Bonsoir et merci pour la réponse (je continue en français parce que mon anglais n'est pas très riche)
En fait à l'origine je voulais récupérer des bases de données que j'avais créées en Mysql et remplies par une interface PHP en local. Je voulais passer à une solution facilement exportable.
Je vais poursuivre mes investigations du côté de ce que vous proposez.
Cordialement
CLB

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: et avec Mysql

Sorry, I'm going to qualify one of my statements here, because it is misleading. You can edit dBase files directly through the form or grid table database interface, but not Calc files.

Alex
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1