Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - When did this happen...
When did this happen...

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: When did this happen...

and who is rolling in their graves right now?

http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/ooo-osx_downloads.html

(Or was I not supposed to notice for fear of starting a riot?)

Smokey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject:

who made that page?
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:44 am    Post subject:

sweet.
JKT
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject:

FWIW, It's been that way for over a month - I hadn't realised it was that big a deal (I would imagine that Ed posted it).

Btw, something that occurred to me the other day... what is the prospect of getting NO/J posted at Sourceforge, or is it already there? Wouldn't they seed it to their servers for downloading or am I misunderstanding how the site works?

Please visit The Land Gallery at http://www.thelandgallery.com for nature-inspired British Fine Art

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject:

there was some issue with sourceforge and patrick said no, but i don't remember why...
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject:

Oh, I wrote that a month ago or so. I got the greenlight to add Neo/J references to the OOo site. I haven't had the time to polish up and deliver the development pages yet, so only the download page is complete. It was figured to be a good read by myself and the OOo community.

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
Oh, I wrote that a month ago or so. I got the greenlight to add Neo/J references to the OOo site.

You usually sign/date pages when you update them there, so that was a bit of confusion. But I'm really glad Louis (and by extension the entire Neo subcommunity of OOo) won out over the naysayers. People deserve to know there's a choice and depending on their needs/skill level, one might be better than the other for them.

And since it happened a month ago, I guess we've avoided further flamewars.... Smile

OPENSTEP wrote:
I haven't had the time to polish up and deliver the development pages yet, so only the download page is complete.

A mention on the dev page, too? Great!

OPENSTEP wrote:
It was figured to be a good read by myself and the OOo community.

I don't understand that sentence at all, either alone or in the context of the rest of your post Question

Smokey

The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject:

Oh, a "good read" in the sense that it was thought to be balanced and really summarize the reasons for both to exist. No one felt shafted Smile

The dev pages I just haven't finished writing yet. I'm hoping to explain why the dev practices are the way they are and point developers in the right direction to where their skills are the most useful and to why the technologies used are what they are.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1