Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - 1: Congrats for RC. 2: Zapfino redraw 3: scoll wheel zoom
1: Congrats for RC. 2: Zapfino redraw 3: scoll wheel zoom

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fredrik Stendahl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: 1: Congrats for RC. 2: Zapfino redraw 3: scoll wheel zoom

Congratulations for the NeoJ-RC. Downloaded and installed with no problems. It feels very snappy!

------------
Zapfino redraw

Just to test, I wrote some dummy text to see how the swashes and ligatures of Zapfino worked – and they worked very well!, but at first they did not seem to be drawn right, parts not being drawn etc. But again, zooing in or out fixed the problem and the text could be beheld (?) in all its fancy glory. (If you write 'Zapfino' you will find that the capital Z has a swosh that underlines the whole word and connects to the last character). This screen redraw issue seems to affect just Zapfino,and is a minor issue.
-------------------------

Mouse scroll wheel zoom

I found out by accident the other day that in X11 OOo1.1.2. if you hold down the command (Apple) key and scroll the scroll wheel of the mouse the work area is zooming. I can zoom down to 20% and uo to 600% just by using the scroll wheel. (I have just tested this in Writer.) This is also minor, but since it is an available feature of OOo, and scroll wheel now is officially supported by NeoJ at least a decission to or not to implement should perhaps be made.
----------------------

I got my login for bugzilla so I am assigning this as bugs there and can then be dismissed or dealt with as seem fit.

Again, thanks for all the tremendous work accomplished!
Sincerely
Fredrik
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject:

Yeah, please throw those in BZ. I'm not sure exactly how OOo is tracking the modifiers used in combination with the scrollwheel. If they're incorporated into the mouse event, I suppose we can use a GetKeys() to determine the command key state.

The Zapfino drawing...zapfino is one of the trickier fonts to draw correctly since the appearance of characters changes depending on what other characters are surrounding them! OOo itself really isn't set up to deal with this properly; it is really more from a Windows world and doesn't expect font metrics to be roughly fixed after letters are typed whereas Zapfino requires full recomputation while typing (like some of the more advanced Apple arabic fonts, too). I think the Zoom operation forces OOo to recompute all of the metrics and, lo, the layout is fixed. Just a guess.

ed
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject:

Thanks for filing bugs. That is how I saw them yesterday. Although the Zapfino bug is an OpenOffice.org bug, it did cause another Zapfino bug to be found (see last comments in bug 658) that I have already fixed.

Also, you probably noticed that I assigned the mouse wheel zoom bug (bug 659) to myself. You will know when I fix it because I also change the status and put comments in a bug when it is fixed.

Patrick
sjolit
Sentinel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject:

I assume the zooming issue is fixed (I didn't check the BZ), or is this behavior something different when you press command-option and then scroll with the wheel? I think it zooms then (using RC, patch 1a)...

Update: Sorry, my bad. I checked the bug, and it is fixed (and works without the option key). Nice to know that, I wasn't aware of this behavior.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1