· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Neo's name in Window titles
Neo's name in Window titles

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan Charlesworth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Neo's name in Window titles

All versions of Star Office/Open Office put their application name in each document window after the file name. If I open file "x" in NeoOffice/J, the window is titled:
"x - NeoOffice/J 1.1 Release Candidate"

No other Mac application puts its name in a document window title.

Is there some reasonable way for Neo/J to suppress adding its name in each document window title?
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Neo's name in Window titles

Alan Charlesworth wrote:
Is there some reasonable way for Neo/J to suppress adding its name in each document window title?

Oscar or I filed a bug on this a long time ago, and unfortunately Patrick replied that the code that does this is strung all across the codebase, so it's not feasible to change.

(Edit: It was bug 271, a follow-up to Oscar's bug.)

The annoying behavior is standard Windows behavior, which I'm sure is why we're stuck with it.

The best bet probably would be to file a bug in the OOo Bugzilla and hope that it doesn't get totally ignored as most of the Mac fixes and UI "enhancements" do (command key, option/meta key [this would improve Solaris, too], etc.).... Sad

Smokey

The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject:

sardisson pinned the tail on the donkey...

This is what freaky windows apps do.

If a windows app does it, it's standard OOo behaviour. Since OOo has been designed by Windows designers, well, we're stuck with it. The appending of application name to window titles is really ingrained in the OOo code.

I suppose we could "hack" in a fix via VCL that would automatically strip any " - NeoOffice/J ...." suffix from the titles that get passed into Java AWT and re-add it if requested by the VCL layer. It's a real hack and I'm not sure what incompatibilities it might introduce with the possibility of having empty window titles.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1