Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Does the Duck Quack or Quaff?
Does the Duck Quack or Quaff?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Ranting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimWG
Keymaker

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Does the Duck Quack or Quaff?

> "[...] whether the duck drinks hot chocolate or coffee is irrelevant." -- <

Well, since beef tastes different depending on the feed a steer's raised on, is this statement really true?

JimWG
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Hmm...I'm not up on my fowl, but I think the difference would probably be a somewhat warm vs. an extremely wired duck.

*ducks*

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject:

It depends on whether you are a normal Mac OS X user or a obsessive Mac OS X geek.

The statement is true if you are the former, but seems to be false if one is the latter.

Personally, I prefer my extremely wired duck. He both really exists and actually works. The somewhat warm one just sits there and looks pretty but flies away if you attempt to come near.

Smokey

Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: Does the Duck Quack or Quaff?

JimWG wrote:
Well, since beef tastes different depending on the feed a steer's raised on, is this statement really true?

Well, it usually takes a connaisseur to taste the difference. In this day and age, a lot of people are surprisingly undiscerning about the nourishment they take in.

- Oscar (who used to be a volunteer chef in a small restaurant)

yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:30 am    Post subject:

...and then there's us vegetarian mac users, who enjoy a good duck without having to eat it... Wink - but Henry VIII swore by charcoal as a digestive, so maybe carbon is good for us after all.

- yoxi
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject:

yoxi wrote:
...and then there's us vegetarian mac users, who enjoy a good duck without having to eat it... Wink - but Henry VIII swore by charcoal as a digestive, so maybe carbon is good for us after all.

Also true for me (that restaurant was vegetarian too), but I must admit that I do have a fondness for chocolate. Even if it can make you fat and spotty at times. Cocoa also has the remarkable effect of making women more responsive.

-Oscar (who feels this analogy is getting out of hand, even if several female friends have petted his iBook on first meeting it)

JKT
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Pointless bit of semi-relevant trivia for you:

In the UK, northerners generally prefer a darker yellow yolk in their eggs than southerners, so chicken feed contains more beta carotene for that market.

Please visit The Land Gallery at http://www.thelandgallery.com for nature-inspired British Fine Art
JimWG
Keymaker

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: The Duck bites back

OPENSTEP wrote:
Hmm...I'm not up on my fowl, but I think the difference would probably be a somewhat warm vs. an extremely wired duck.

*ducks*

ed

Ducking is fowl play; you ought stand up chest out and take it like a man! Wink

sardisson wrote:
It depends on whether you are a normal Mac OS X user or a obsessive Mac OS X geek.

The statement is true if you are the former, but seems to be false if one is the latter.

Personally, I prefer my extremely wired duck. He both really exists and actually works. The somewhat warm one just sits there and looks pretty
Smokey

Okay, so that's a cocoa-fed sitting duck, right?

sardisson wrote:
but (cocoa-fed duck) flies away if you attempt to come near.
Smokey

But usually you have a shotgun in the blinds to bring it down so it doesn't matter whether it's sitting pretty or takes off, except you have to pick the buckshot out from between your teeth in the eating. The java-fed duck does score a better chance of survival tho' since it's flight is bound to be more nervously wildly erratic than one cocoa-fed and hence a very challenging moving target. So in the end I guess Pat and Ed picked the right duck beverage. Congrats on their shrewdness!

JimWG
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject:

Oh great, now he want to have his duck and eat it...
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
Also true for me (that restaurant was vegetarian too), but I must admit that I do have a fondness for chocolate. Even if it can make you fat and spotty at times. Cocoa also has the remarkable effect of making women more responsive.

I really should not, but oh well....

Chocolate contains a chemical that women are more responsive to, however given enough men will also react, and I know this is true because it has happened to me, at Romano's, an Italian resturaunt chain in the U.S. I had their Birthday 'cake' which basically is a very strong chocolate cake, covered with a chocolate sauce and whipped cream. When I had it, they were out of whipped cream (which is hand whipped) so I got double the 'sauce'. I almost fell out of my chair the sensation was that intense. And I'm a chocolate connosieur of sorts (Beligian, 70% dark please.)
In any case, I hope that never happens again.

ovvldc wrote:
-Oscar (who feels this analogy is getting out of hand, even if several female friends have petted his iBook on first meeting it)

You should see the looks my SO gets with her Graphite G3 iBook. And I have a G4 PB and get a few myself.

James
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Ranting All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1