NeoOffice :: View topic - Sources for 680/1.9.xx/2.0 RC builds
Sources for 680/1.9.xx/2.0 RC builds

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org X11 Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:26 am    Post subject:

Pavel has some recent builds again; I just downloaded m107 and it works on 10.3.9. Of course, it has more bugs than the m102 and m9x builds (claims that files don't exist when the very files were created with, and are still read by, earlier m102 or m9x milestones!)....

And it still fubars permissions of /, /Applications, and /Applications/openoffice.org1.9.1xx Sad

Smokey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject: Beta Link on OpenOffice.org

Does anyone know why the link for the beta of openoffice.org is still pointing to 1.12? I'm using Eric Bachard's 1.9.109 on Tiger and as far as betas go (at least for writer) it is very useful.

H
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Re: Beta Link on OpenOffice.org

Anonymous wrote:
Does anyone know why the link for the beta of openoffice.org is still pointing to 1.12? I'm using Eric Bachard's 1.9.109 on Tiger and as far as betas go (at least for writer) it is very useful.

What link?

And anyway, there has not yet been a beta-quality release of 1.9.xxx for Mac OS X; there are still serious bugs in all of the builds I've seen (different bugs depending on whose build it is), not to mention a mish-mash of installers, launchers, and supported OSes. Sad

Smokey

The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Beta Link on OpenOffice.org

sardisson wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

What link?

And anyway, there has not yet been a beta-quality release of 1.9.xxx for Mac OS X; there are still serious bugs in all of the builds I've seen (different bugs depending on whose build it is), not to mention a mish-mash of installers, launchers, and supported OSes. Sad

I agree, 1.9 is definately not ready for a MacOSX beta. I have a build of 1.9.112 here, but no launcher (but I used one from 1.9.107). Their is no installer with this installation, but I tested the Writer and Calc and they work.

James

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Beta Link on OpenOffice.org

I downloaded M109 from
http://ooo.lab-project.net/~ebachard/MacOSX/2.0/m_109/Tiger/

Writer is nice and snappy although I use it for the most basic word processing tasks only. Still, within my limited use I find it looks nicer and feels snappier to work with than NeoOffice (I'm working on a 180 page doc).

H

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject:

I am using en_us m_107.
It is the latest I can find.

For us_en the URL
has nothing in it - nor do those for m_112 and m_121.

Am I doing something wrong?

Al
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Anonymous wrote:
I am using en_us m_107.
It is the latest I can find.

For us_en the URL
has nothing in it - nor do those for m_112 and m_121.

Am I doing something wrong?

Al:

It is quite possible that Eric has not put up a public release of either milestone 112 or 121. I am working on a build of m121 for testing using procedures released by Maho NAKATA. There is a public test release on ftp://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/MacOSX/1.9m121
I will caution that this release does take advantage of experimental code and fixes that are proposed to the 1.9 code base.
Pavel Janik also hosts an ftp site for 1.9 code and fixes, but does not appear to have MacOSX releases available. Build files are available at:
ftp://ftp.linux.cz/pub/localization/OpenOffice.org/devel/build/

Good luck with finding a more recent build.

James
[/list][/i]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, James

(1) Where did you get Eric's m_109?

(2) Since I have been using Eric's builds should I not stick with his?

Al
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject:

jjmckenzie51 wrote:
Pavel Janik also hosts an ftp site for 1.9 code and fixes, but does not appear to have MacOSX releases available. Build files are available at:

Pavel builds the Mac build every dozen milestones or so; there is an m121 build here:
ftp://ftp.linux.cz/pub/localization/OpenOffice.org/devel/680/SRC680_m121/Build-1

Note that, aside from Eric H's one-off m107 on macosxrc.services.openoffice.org, Pavel is the only person providing builds that run under 10.3.9. However, his builds pull straight CVS, so until a CWS is integrated, you don't get the fixes (i.e., m121 still can't handle non-ASCII filenames, because macosx10 is not integrated yet).

Eric B typically includes code that is destined for a CWS in his builds. If you run 10.4 and have generally been happy with Eric B's builds, it seems wise to stick with them. They'll have fewer Mac problems. (Pavel's seem more stable since he has a very solid and finely tuned build system, but they lack critical Mac fixes until CWS integration.... He also builds languages other than en-US, fr, and de, so if your native language is other than those three....) There's yet to be a good solution that works for everyone....

Smokey

The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
jjmckenzie51 wrote:

Pavel builds the Mac build every dozen milestones or so; there is an m121 build here:
ftp://ftp.linux.cz/pub/localization/OpenOffice.org/devel/680/SRC680_m121/Build-1

Thanks, Smokey. I looked at build-2.

sardisson wrote:
Note that, aside from Eric H's one-off m107 on macosxrc.services.openoffice.org, Pavel is the only person providing builds that run under 10.3.9. However, his builds pull straight CVS, so until a CWS is integrated, you don't get the fixes (i.e., m121 still can't handle non-ASCII filenames, because macosx10 is not integrated yet).

I agree. Eric B., Maho (from what I gather) and I are building on Tiger (10.4.2 on my system). Pavel is building on 10.3.9.

sardisson wrote:
Eric B typically includes code that is destined for a CWS in his builds. If you run 10.4 and have generally been happy with Eric B's builds, it seems wise to stick with them. They'll have fewer Mac problems. (Pavel's seem more stable since he has a very solid and finely tuned build system, but they lack critical Mac fixes until CWS integration.... He also builds languages other than en-US, fr, and de, so if your native language is other than those three....) There's yet to be a good solution that works for everyone....

I'm thinking that the baseline should be Panther (10.3.9) with Java 1.4. At the present time, Ant 1.6.5 is the ant to be used for building, and I did have any problems using it.

I'm downloading Pavel's Build area and will work on building m112 from it.

James
Terry Teague

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: Beta builds of OOo 2.0

jjmckenzie51 wrote:
sardisson wrote:

I agree. Eric B., Maho (from what I gather) and I are building on Tiger (10.4.2 on my system). Pavel is building on 10.3.9.

sardisson wrote:

I'm thinking that the baseline should be Panther (10.3.9) with Java 1.4. At the present time, Ant 1.6.5 is the ant to be used for building, and I did have any problems using it.

I'm downloading Pavel's Build area and will work on building m112 from it.

James

While I don't do builds as regularly as the others, and I don't have server space available, I generally build on Panther (I typically build OOo 2.0 on 10.3.9), Java 1.4.x, and I am still using Ant 1.6.2, without problem. I try to include any Mac OS X specific patches that I know of, but I only build en-US. I last built 1.9m121 successfully.

Regards, Terry
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: Beta builds of OOo 2.0

Terry Teague wrote:

While I don't do builds as regularly as the others, and I don't have server space available, I generally build on Panther (I typically build OOo 2.0 on 10.3.9), Java 1.4.x, and I am still using Ant 1.6.2, without problem. I try to include any Mac OS X specific patches that I know of, but I only build en-US. I last built 1.9m121 successfully.

Terry:

Do you make your builds available to the public? We've had folks looking for OOo 1.9/2.0 builds to test. They are both here and on the OOo site.

James
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject:

I've just updated the first post with more recent info, who builds for what Mac OS X version, etc.

I've also made this topic a sticky (because I can Smile); hopefully people will read it instead of posting multiple new threads asking the same "where can I get a build" question Evil or Very Mad

Smokey

Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Any idea what has happened to

http://ooo.lab-project.net/~ebachard/MacOSX/2.0/

It returns

Quote:
L'URL requise n'a pu etre trouvée sur ce serveur.

jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject:

amaloney wrote:
Any idea what has happened to

http://ooo.lab-project.net/~ebachard/MacOSX/2.0/

It returns

Quote:
L'URL requise n'a pu etre trouvée sur ce serveur.

It appears that the page is not available right now. I'll send Eric a message.

James
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org X11 Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4