Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Fixing the in-post link styles (hints and tips for Ed)
Fixing the in-post link styles (hints and tips for Ed)

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Fixing the in-post link styles (hints and tips for Ed)

Ed,

This is the bit you want to change...
Code:

/* The content of the posts (body of text) */
.postbody { font-size : 12px; line-height: 18px}
a.postlink:link   { text-decoration: none; color :  }
a.postlink:visited { text-decoration: none; color : ; }
a.postlink:hover { text-decoration: underline; color : }

Either give the :link and :visited a color or turn on underline.

Hang on a sec and I'll tell you which file to hack (I never set up a new theme for our phpBB board--never had the time--so I just did a quick hack to the stylesheet in the template file)....

Edit: It's overall_header.tpl (hang on and I'll find it in the hierarchy...)

Edit: $phpBB_root/templates/subSilver/overall_header.tpl

I don't know how/where $phpBB_root might be in with the Nuke integration, but you should be able to find it Smile

Thanks!
Smokey

The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Got it. I'm pretty sure I changed all of the styles so all links should appear underline, either the standalone or ones with alternate text. Thanks for finding all of those specifics for me!

I don't have any alternative styles other than subsilver on here so it should be fixed for all users. I've found subsilver to be more than adequate as it's pretty clean and easy on the eyes.

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
Got it. I'm pretty sure I changed all of the styles so all links should appear underline, either the standalone or ones with alternate text. Thanks for finding all of those specifics for me!

No problem; it was fairly trivial for me since I'd hacked the phpBB styles before, and me finding them means more time for you to do things I could never begin to do (like coding and debugging) Smile

Thanks for fixing it Smile
Smokey

Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Link Underlining

I'm still getting some links underlined and some not, with no obvious pattern. This is with I. E. 6.0.2800 on XP at work and Safari 1.(latest) on 10.3.9 at home. I suspect it is something odd in my profile settings, as if I log out and look at the same posts the links are all underlined. When there were options for board styles I was not using the default - I think I set it to something that sounded like Aqua, but I haven't looked at that setting since I joined, so I can't remember exactly. The overall appearance of the pages is noticeably different when I am logged in rather than not. Is it possible that I am still picking up elements of the old theme, even though the ability to select it in profile is gone?

While we're on trinity issues.... I suspect this is a Safari bug, but in Win IE if I select some text in a post I am making, and click the bold button (say) the pair of tags are inserted before and after the selected text, so formating is a one-click operation. In Safari, the opening tag is always placed at the end of the post, with the insertion point just before it (i.e the wrong side). Anyone else see this?

Luke
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject:

I'll look and see if there's any other styles that I need to update as well. I unfortunately don't have access to Win XP (woo hoo!) but I can test on Safari 1.x Smile I'm wondering if somehow there's a stylesheet or pages in your cache that are being hit?

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject:

I don't have a problem in Safari 1.x (whatever's in 10.3.9); I checked every modern browser I have on my Mac and can't repro the problem.

It shouldn't be a caching problem because by default the stylesheet is not external but included in the source of every page.

Luke, if you go into "Your Account" and set the Nuke theme to the default (slashOcean), does the problem go away?

Smokey

Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Luke, if you go into "Your Account" and set the Nuke theme to the default (slashOcean), does the problem go away?

Yes.

Sorry, I had looked in 'my profile' seen that the only theme available was subSilver, remembered that Ed had said about removing other themes, and assumed that was it. I hadn't used the separate 'my account' page for so long I had forgotten there were two sets of preferences. Embarassed

I tried a few themes (slash Ocean, 3D, Anagram, ExtraLite) and they all worked except DeepBlue, which is what I had been using Sad.

I'll just leave it at slashOcean.

Thanks

Luke
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1