NeoOffice Forum Index -> Ranting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Anonymous wrote:
LemonAid wrote:
Smokey,

Thanks, I had not checked out that option, yet. I was guessing that GMT +10 was somewhere in central Australia. I thought maybe it was a secret (NeoOffice) Server farm. Confused

Philip (glad to be back in GMT - 8 )

..actually that would put it somewhere near Pine Gap, out of Alice Springs. Pine Gap is/was a secret US installation that was controversial in Australia for some time [in the first gulf war, when we thought it might make us a target], but seems to have slipped off the radar [pardon the metaphor]. Perhaps there's a well-equipped IT-based facility there waiting for NeoOffice?

I thought that was where that Time Zone was. Interesting...

In any case LemonAid is back on the Pacific Coast of the United States.

And as an interesting side note: Arizona (as well as Hawai'i) does not participate in the Daylight Savings Time program. Thus we stay GMT-7 year round.

James
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Well, Required testing for Donation using Safari works!
If I keep testing this, Patrick might get enought funds for another (small) bug fix. Laughing

Pine Gap, Arizona? Seems that there is a World WIDE audience for NeoOffice. I'm still hoping there is a 'secret' NeoOffice Server farm. (It's my fantasy and I'm sticking to it! Rolling Eyes )

[OT Rant]
Until SeaMonkey is updated, I use Mozilla to reduce the number of browsers I have to use on different computers (Mac and PCs). So many web sites are browser specific now-a-days. Crying or Very sad At least most know that Mozilla/Netscape exist. Not as many know/Care about Mac only browsers like Safari or Camino. sigh
[/Rant]

Philip (needs to get out ... more ;- )
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject:

jjmckenzie51 wrote:
And as an interesting side note: Arizona (as well as Hawai'i) does not participate in the Daylight Savings Time program. Thus we stay GMT-7 year round.

And depending where you are in Indiana, you don't participate in daylight savings time either (though not necessarily gmt-7).

The utter matter of fact is that my servers want nothing to do with daylight savings time...and neither do I. All my clocks still make like it doesn't exist since I have mad skills and can subtract 1 from the hour. Pisses the hell out of house guests, though.

ed
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:

And depending where you are in Indiana, you don't participate in daylight savings time either (though not necessarily gmt-7).

Not as of next year. They voted last year to join the rest of the U.S. (with two notable exceptions) and will play with DST next year.

OPENSTEP wrote:

The utter matter of fact is that my servers want nothing to do with daylight savings time...and neither do I. All my clocks still make like it doesn't exist since I have mad skills and can subtract 1 from the hour. Pisses the hell out of house guests, though.

GRIN! I love that. And the original reason that DST was adopted is now moot and I believe that DST should be eliminated.

James

ed[/quote]
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject:

+1

(oh wait, I thought this was a democracy...</grin>)

ed
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:

ed

MAD Skills? I just knew that you had something ... special! Laughing

I'm just learning "Internet Time" (it's @945 San Diego time). Always something New to confuse things.

[rant]
I just wonder if the new Bush plan for DST (changing the dates in the near future...) will cause as many problems as when DC had everyone set their thermostats lower. I hear that the White House heaters came on during the Summer to adjust the temperture.
I love when someone implements a ... "poor" design plan and it creates more trouble! Twisted Evil Kinda like Mac OOo 2.x Cocoa port?!? [/rant]

Philip (living on @Internet Time! )
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject:

LemonAid wrote:

I'm just learning "Internet Time" (it's @945 San Diego time). Always something New to confuse things.

Is this something like Swatch Time?

I don't know about you, but all of the Neo servers and myself only run on Miller Time.

ed <--- hey, it was funny to me
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
I don't know about you, but all of the Neo servers and myself only run on Miller Time.

LOL Very Happy

(Although from my reading, it seems that they also work well on PBR in a pinch Wink)

Note to others: the above link is required reading if you don't already appreciate Ed's mad skills at OOo-wrangling.

Smokey

The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
LemonAid wrote:

Is this something like Swatch Time?

Wow, Learned something new everytime I visit the Forums. Swatch is Internet time. Last time I'll get the time from my Treo 650. More ... confusion (but at least it's UTC+1 - I'm sure that Ed will be ... MAD?)

Well, I guess testing NeoOffice is having an (strange) effect on me - I downloaded SeaMonkey 1.5a nightly build 20051213. Code from Firefox 1.5 and Thunderbird 1.5rc. Working well and has all the new improved Firefox stuff. Ohh - pretty shiny lights....

Philip (ROF. not LOL, just ROF!. To much Miller time?? Cool )
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject:

hrm. was ROF last night, but due to an unintentional overdose of vitamin v.

the wwdc link was classic and made me rofl. i should've written one for subsequent years too. I only have pictures of the beer by stacks of burned CDs Wink

ed
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
hrm. was ROF last night, but due to an unintentional overdose of vitamin v.

the wwdc link was classic and made me rofl. i should've written one for subsequent years too. I only have pictures of the beer by stacks of burned CDs Wink

Thanks for the humor this morning, I needed it.

You should really add the pictures of a case of PBR, one burnt out programmer and the CDs...

James
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject:

There were some pix from 2003, I think, but I didn't have any from 2002. With the quantity of PBR that goes through my house I'm sure I can stage something that's at least as believable as the moon landing. Oh wait...

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Until I can get my diorama all set up, in the meantime amuse yourselves with this:

Not quite PBR, but still funny.

ed <--- hates anything to do with the cat in the hat movie
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
There were some pix from 2003

Those are currently "File not found" Sad

Smokey

Town Crier
Town Crier