· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Arabic text does not join properly
Arabic text does not join properly

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saeed

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Arabic text does not join properly

Hi,

I have installed the latest version NeoOffice and the Arabic language candidate release,
I have followed all the instructions on configuring and setting the language. However the test still does not follow the CTL rules (joining the letters together). Can any one help?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject:

If the Arabic glyphs do not join, you are probably using a non-Mac font. When I use any of the Arabic fonts that are bundled with Mac OS X, all Arabic glyphs join.

Check out this post:

http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=811&start=35

It explains some of the problems that you are likely to find when using Windows or OpenType Arabic fonts.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject:

I noticed one issue last night with glyphs not joining in dialogue boxes (I have a file named ملف.sxw), but it was late and I didn't have time to check further (the glyphs within the file, the هذا stuff in the one screenshot, were joined, though). I'll do that today after I get "Patch-6."

Saeed, make sure you have also installed the latest patch; there were some issues with RTL text not working correctly early in the Release Candidate cycle (in addition to using a standard Mac Arabic font like Geeza Pro as Patrick mentioned).

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
I noticed one issue last night with glyphs not joining in dialogue boxes (I have a file named ملف.sxw), but it was late and I didn't have time to check further (the glyphs within the file, the هذا stuff in the one screenshot, were joined, though). I'll do that today after I get "Patch-6."

I think I know what is happening. This is probably a side affect of my fix for bug 751 (hyphenation and ligature problems).

Can someone attach a sample document to bug 807 so that I can debug this further? Note: if your document requires a custom Arabic font, attach the font or provide a URL where I can get the font.

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Done. But not before I filed bug 809 (I guess it's a dupe?) since I was busy downloading Patch-6 and testing but not reading trinity Sad

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject:

FYI. I have posted a test patch that I think fixes this bug. Please download and try out the test patch listed in the comments to bug 807 (http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/bug.php?op=show&bugid=807&pos=1) and add any comments to that bug if there are still problems with the test patch.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1