NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
Il n'y a pas de quoi. Je ne dors pas Smile

Quelle courage!

Anyway, I think the TOC on the press kit should stay and I am very happy that you managed to arrange the images a bit better. I personally dislike claiming that something is stable at 1.1. It should be stable at 1.0!

Not our fault that M$ never understood the basics of versioning..

So, I'll send out the press release to the three Dutch sites and dev@porting after dinner. I'm looking forward to seeing this end up. I might try a press agency or two as well. I suggest keeping the release tasks page unlocked so we may use it to track our progres.

Have any of our German friends made it to the translator soapbox yet?

yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
Waldo wrote:
yoxi wrote:
"Best of all, even at version 1.1 NeoOffice/J is already remarkably stable..."

"Best of all, NeoOffice/J is already remarkably stable at version 1.1..."

I think I'm gonna use Waldo's last suggestion.

Whee - reminds me of my lisp programming days - gotta love an iterative process... it's better: emphasis on 'stable' rather than 'version'. Go team us - or something.

- yoxi
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
sardisson wrote:
Il n'y a pas de quoi. Je ne dors pas Smile

Quelle courage!

Well, I ended up falling asleep shortly thereafter. My sleep is still a bit out of wack after 36 hours or whatever of sleep when I was sick last Monday...

ovvldc wrote:
Anyway, I think the TOC on the press kit should stay and I am very happy that you managed to arrange the images a bit better.

OK, I'll add the TOC back to the press kit. I'm not sure what you mean about images...?

ovvldc wrote:
I personally dislike claiming that something is stable at 1.1. It should be stable at 1.0!

Not our fault that M$ never understood the basics of versioning..

We had no 1.0. We went from 0.8.4 to 1.1 Smile Still, if y'all can find something that pleases you more, the Neo/J page is not locked.

ovvldc wrote:
So, I'll send out the press release to the three Dutch sites and dev@porting after dinner. I'm looking forward to seeing this end up. I might try a press agency or two as well.

As dev@porting "reports" in real-time, Tuesday night or even Weds AM is probably better for that....

ovvldc wrote:
I suggest keeping the release tasks page unlocked so we may use it to track our progres.

Absolutely. That was the plan. Please note when you've done something Smile

ovvldc wrote:
Have any of our German friends made it to the translator soapbox yet?

Crying or Very sad no.

Smokey

Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:

ovvldc wrote:
I suggest keeping the release tasks page unlocked so we may use it to track our progres.

Smokey

Speaking of tracking progress, do we have any way to track downloads, etc? Wiki automatically tracks hits, but it would be nice to be able to issue a 10,000th download announcement or whatever kind of followup press releases might be warranted...

W
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject:

Waldo wrote:
Speaking of tracking progress, do we have any way to track downloads, etc? Wiki automatically tracks hits, but it would be nice to be able to issue a 10,000th download announcement or whatever kind of followup press releases might be warranted...

I don't know what kind of stats Patrick gets from his mirrors. He's the only one really in a postion to get that information.

Smokey

Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Hello, I'll need access to the mail account for the PR for tonight I think Wink
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject:

val1984 wrote:
Hello, I'll need access to the mail account for the PR for tonight I think Wink

Sent via PM Smile

Merci beaucoup. Please continue to monitor the account off-and-on over the next few days in case any of the places you submit the announcement to want a follow-up or something.

Smokey

Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject:

OK, thanks Smokey Wink
val1984
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:46 am    Post subject:

2 typos in Release Notes :
# Spotlight integrgation via NeoLight
# Quickstart service: no docment or grey window needed to keep NeoOffice/J open
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject:

val1984 wrote:
2 typos in Release Notes :
# Spotlight integrgation via NeoLight
# Quickstart service: no docment or grey window needed to keep NeoOffice/J open

Merci beaucoup beaucoup beaucoup. I can't type to save my life right now, apparently, and I'm too tired to catch things. Medal of Honor for you for catching all my typos recently Smile

Smokey

P.S. Pinkerton, if you read this, I'm now in the "spell-check for Camino is a must!" camp Smile

Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
P.S. Pinkerton, if you read this, I'm now in the "spell-check for Camino is a must!" camp Smile

I agree Very Happy

Edit: Camino 0.9a1 out yay Cool
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject:

Well, so much for coordination. Evil or Very Mad

VersionTracker has somehow picked up the new version and updated their listing. Evil or Very Mad

Why do developers even bother to maintain their own VT listings if VT jumps the gun and updates the page even when downloads aren't ready? Next thing you know VT will be listing private alphas of applications for general consumption. Evil or Very Mad

Very agitated.

Smokey

Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject:

OK, I got the bulk of the English ones out (helped along by a brief appearance of a Camino/Gecko bug where it wasn't properly throwing away the old text when hitting compose again, so for a while I just had to enter new addresses).

I'm taking a break for a while to have dinner and rest again; I'll do the rest of the listing updates (Freshmeat, Apple Downloads, try again for Mac Products Guide, etc.) later tonight.

On the plus side of the whole VT debacle, we've gotten a bunch of nice 5-star reviews (a mixed bag, as usual, at Mac update)....

The big questions is still what to do about the Germans Crying or Very sad

Can we send the English release to some of them, with a note at the top saying we're sorry, but our German translator disappered?

Smokey

Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Well, it's hit macslash...

W
rays
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:

The big questions is still what to do about the Germans Crying or Very sad

Can we send the English release to some of them, with a note at the top saying we're sorry, but our German translator disappered?

Smokey

That's the best idea. This is a volunteer effort and there are bound to be hiccups along the way. I think the German Mac press would be disappointed not to be included in the mailing and would accept the explanation without criticism.

Keep up the fine work!

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8