Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - 10.2.8 installed; now all fonts (screen & menu) are fuzz
10.2.8 installed; now all fonts (screen & menu) are fuzz

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfgang

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:58 am    Post subject: 10.2.8 installed; now all fonts (screen & menu) are fuzz

I installed the 10.2.8 upgrade and now all my fonts in OpenOffice (but not other X11 apps) are fuzzy - the menu fonts, the fonts in the document, etc. Help!
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:01 am    Post subject:

Bizarre...I have the 10.2.8 update on my machine at work and haven't seen any font related problems yet. Are you using Apple X11? If so, check to make sure your Colors are set to Millions:

X11 > Preferences > Output tab > Colors popup

When it was set to "thousands" it caused problems for other machines, and installing the update may have changed your monitor settings (I know it did for me at work and I had to reset them on the next reboot)

ed
Wolfgang
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:49 am    Post subject: Millions made it work

Yup, it was the color settings. Bizarre - why should installing the OS upgrade wipe my settings???
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:49 am    Post subject:

I really have no clue why it nuked the color settings. On my G4 at work I need to reconfigure my monitors on just about every reboot. I think it may just be another one of those quirks about the upgrade and why it was pulled.

The problem is that Apple X11 is clever by nature and attempts to get its bit depth by default from the system monitor settings and not fix it at millions of colors. If there's something really changing that monitor setting then it may mess some other things up as well, although unless you're looking closely at skin tones, movies, gradietns, or the like you may not notice it. Apple's system antialiasing properly handles the shift between 16 and 32 bit color...XRender (what's used in OOo) does not and thus fonts look all bizarre as it starts using colors that don't exist for the 16 bit color depth.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1