· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Difficulty in building for 1.1.5
Difficulty in building for 1.1.5

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adam_Moore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Difficulty in building for 1.1.5

I just had a development question that is really no technical. 1.1.5 is coming out soon so how difficult is it for you guys to move over to a release like that compared to moving to 2.0? Is there plans to move to that release or are you planning on just focusing on 2.0?

I am sure you will move to 1.1.5, but if you need a reason to do it just the support for the opendocument format should be enough reason.

Adam Moore
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Even though the question is non-technical, it's been answered among the technical threads in the Neo/J development forum Smile

Anyway, here's Patrick's answer; Ed's follows it. Note, however, that those preceded Apple's processor-switch announcements, so the roadmap has altered significantly: post-June 6 roadmap.

I imagine that for now the focus will be on moving to Java 1.4.x (Patrick) and to 10.4 and ultimately gcc4 and compiler bridges (Ed) so we're not caught without a workable solution on Intel Macs next January or March or whenever they arrive. Sad

Smokey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the reply and sorry for not searching as hard as I should have. Mainly I was trying to find out if you were going to move to 1.1.5 as this has the OpenDocument filter. I think this would be a good idea because this will allow people to share documents easier between the two programs, but it is your development time so I am sure you will do whatever you feel is best.

Thanks

Adam Moore
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Adam_Moore wrote:
Thanks for the reply and sorry for not searching as hard as I should have.

No worries; it's not always obvious that non-technical "development" questions are in that forum (or the toolbar icon redesign, for that matter!) Smile

Adam_Moore wrote:
but it is your development time so I am sure you will do whatever you feel is best.

It's actually Patrick's and Ed's development time, so I try to avoid putting words in their mouths too often while still trying to answer questions Very Happy

Smokey

The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject:

For better or for worse, there are so few applications that are using OpenDocument that at the moment it's not worth our time. Once OOo 2.0 starts hitting critical mass and more documents start being created in that format it'll become more useful.

Not to mention you can always use Office file formats. Whether folks want to admit it or not, they're more compatible then OOo or OpenDocument since over 90% of people use Office Smile

ed
Adam_Moore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Again it's your development time so I am sure you will do it best.

I was just thinking when a 2.0 user sends a document in their default format people won't be able to expect them to just be able to open it up.

Keep up the good work.

Adam
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1