· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice/J fails to launch
NeoOffice/J fails to launch

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gustav of Denmark

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: NeoOffice/J fails to launch

Hi

I've downloaded NeoOffice this past weekend. It worked fine in English, but a lot of my work needs to be written in Danish, so I also downloaded the Danish langauge packs from the same web-site. However there was still no dictionary in the options configuration window.

I don't mind the GUI being in English, but as I mentioned my work requires Danish spelling and grammer.

The program was running fine and launching well, but after doing a Autopilot install of a Danish dictionary, the program would no longer open again after it had been closed. The Icon in the dock would bounce a few times, and then it would just give up the ghost.

I read a posted console log from another fellow, who had experienced similiar problems, but I think his would not launch after installing. The log has no likeness to the one written up in my Console. (Which by the way was not in Applications > Utitilies, but in
Macintosh HD> Library>Logs> Console, if this makes a difference).

Mac OS X Version 10.4 (Build 8A428)
2005-07-11 21:17:36 +0200
2005-07-11 21:17:47.779 SystemUIServer[166] lang is:da
JavaVM FATAL: Failed to load the jvm library. Exit

and later in the document....

++ dirname /Volumes/NeoOfficeJ-1.1-Languages_da,sv,fi,et,lt,nb,nn/NeoOfficeJ.pkg/Contents/Resources/VolumeCheck
+ scriptdir=/Volumes/NeoOfficeJ-1.1-Languages_da,sv,fi,et,lt,nb,nn/NeoOfficeJ.pkg/Contents/Resources
+ '[' -d /Volumes/NeoOfficeJ-1.1-Languages_da,sv,fi,et,lt,nb,nn/NeoOfficeJ.pkg/Contents/Resources -a -f /Volumes/NeoOfficeJ-1.1-Languages_da,sv,fi,et,lt,nb,nn/NeoOfficeJ.pkg/Contents/Resources/installutils ']'
+ . /Volumes/NeoOfficeJ-1.1-Languages_da,sv,fi,et,lt,nb,nn/NeoOfficeJ.pkg/Contents/Resources/installutils
+ '[' /Volumes/Lager = / ']'
+ volume=/Volumes/Lager
+ '[' -d /Volumes/Lager/Applications ']'
+ exit 48

I later removed the program from applications and reinstalled the downloaded program, and the language updater, and still the icon of the ship merely bounces quietly to a stop on the dock.

Any ideas as to how I could solve this problem?

Tonnes of thanks,

Gustav
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject:

It looks like your virtual machine might be corrupted, but I've not seen those specific messages before. Look around for some of the "java shared archive corruption" fixes for OS X.

ed
Gustav of Denmark

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: NeoOffice aborts on launch

I have also noticed that some other programs are likewise affected: Netscape, FireFox and, some other programs fail to launch as well as NeoOffice.

I am not at all familiar with Java Virtual Machine, (Java VM), and I don't really know where to start to trouble shoot this problem.

Could you please give me some advice regarding this?

Sincerely
Gustav of Denmark
Gustav of Denmark

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Aborted Launches

Hi Openstep

Thanks for your help.

I ran the disk repair program from Disk Utilities and the corrupted Java file was immediately detected and repaired.

What a relief, from all that grief.

Thanks again,
Gustav
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1