Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - How to create letter head in NeoofficeJ?
How to create letter head in NeoofficeJ?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
autumninchicago

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: How to create letter head in NeoofficeJ?

I'm a newbie to NeoofficeJ and wondering if someone could be kind enough to show me how to create a letterhead.
Thanks! Smile
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject:

While I'm no expert, you may want to give the Letter autopilot a try and see if it can get you to the point where you can save a template for use in creating other letters. Choose File > Autopilot > Letter... and see if the that might give you some hints. I've never used it myself so am not sure if it can get the kind of letterhead look you're looking for.

ed
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject:

I made a letterhead template by creating a text doc with two sections - one called 'header' and one called 'letter'. Then I composed the header I wanted in the 'header' section and saved the doc as a template.

I put the 'letter' section in too (which is where the actual letter text goes), because if there is one section in the doc, and then also some content outside that section, it becomes impossible to select all the non-section text using cmd-A - only the text in the section will be selected. This is an OOo bug.

By using sections, you can use cmd-A to select all content in the section your cursor is currently in, to change font or whatever without disturbing the header.

- yoxi

**edit** Better yet, you can write-protect the header section (Format->Sections... in the menu, then check 'write protect') so that it alerts you if you try to edit it - you can even password it!
Max_Barel
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject:

The "Format->Page" Menu item open a dialog with a "header" tab.
Check the mark and set up the size.
Then, back to the WISIWIG display, click in the header and edit

RT(f)M (no offense)
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject:

The 'page header' appears on every single page, and so can only be used for letterheads if you only ever write letters one page long - the only way to restrict 'header' to displaying just on the first page is to invoke Page styles (see below) - a weakness in Ooo I think.

This is why I went for the 'sections' solution in the end - you can write letters as long as you want, and the header only appears on the first page.

Alternatively, you can go down the Page Styles route, thus:

"To use different headers or footers in your document, you must add them to different Page Styles, and then apply the styles to the pages where you want the headers or footer to appear."

which for my own purposes seemed more fiddly than the solution I came up with, but would be worth taking the time to set up if you have a set of different predefined page styles you know you're going to want to use.

- yoxi
amaloney
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Letterhead

I made a template with my letterhead.
It works for me.
It is such a simple solution that I fear that I am missing something.
Am I?

roso

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Header

I put a table in my header, 2 columns & 1 row. I put a logo in the left Cell and text in the rigth cell. When I print, the logo sometimes prints fine and others prints like a blur of goo. Sometimes I will have 3 of 4 pages print fine, but one of them will print like goo. Any ideas why?
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1