· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - OO crashes after splash
OO crashes after splash

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Humpback
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:30 am    Post subject: OO crashes after splash

I installed OO and used it for some time. Some days ago, it died after the splash screen with the following log:

2003-10-01 17:09:36.636 SystemUIServer[431] Warning: TIFF image with unknown extra samples assumed to have unassociated alpha. RGB values have been premultiplied. Use tiffutil -cat to fix.
2003-10-01 17:09:36.637 SystemUIServer[431] Warning: TIFF image with unknown extra samples assumed to have unassociated alpha. RGB values have been premultiplied. Use tiffutil -cat to fix.
login: fatal IO error 32 (Broken pipe) or KillClient on X server ":0.0"

X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

Quitting XDarwin...
xterm: fatal IO error 32 (Broken pipe) or KillClient on X server ":0.0"

xterm: fatal IO error 32 (Broken pipe) or KillClient on X server ":0.0"

--------

I reinstalled everything, no success. Could this be a problem with a newer OS X update?

Thanks for your help

Bruno
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:38 am    Post subject:

That one's bizarre...it almost looks like XDarwin itself is exiting for some reason according to that "Quitting XDarwin..." line. Offhand, I can't think of any direct reason why the X server should be crashing Sad

Can you tell me the versions of XDarwin (or OroborOS X) you're running along with the OS version? I haven't personally tested XFree86 on the pulled 10.2.8 update myself, but I also haven't seen any reports of errors on the xonx dev lists or the apple x11 lists.

ed
Humpback
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:03 am    Post subject:

Hi
Thanks for the answer Very Happy
I deinstalled everything and installed XDarwin and OO again, this must be a problem related to the latest Java Update:

2003-10-02 19:53:24.540 XDarwin[398] CFLog (0):
CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): plist parse failed; the data is not proper UTF-8. The file name for this data could be:
org.xfree86.XDarwin.plist -- /Users/wib/Library/Preferences/
The parser will retry as in 10.1, but the problem should be corrected in the plist.
Oct 2 19:53:30 BWsPower crashdump: Crash report written to: /Users/wib/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/XDarwin.crash.log

I have not made any changes to the plist

Bruno
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Not to add to the confusion, but...

I use XDarwin and OO.o.

order of installation (in case this is important)

XDarwin
10.2.8 update
OO.o

everything has worked without problem since installation.

this is on the iBook/800

-j
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Hmm...the java update shouldn't be the culprit. That plist parsing error that you see in the console is actually quite common for a couple OS X apps. A notable other one that I can think of is CodeWarrior Wink

The java update probably didn't cause that...it must've been there all along and I just didn't see it. I've installed OOo with stock Java, then installed 1.4.1 Update and dev preview and not had a problem.

If you installed OOo a long time ago (IIRC you mentioned you used before GM), chances are you're on XFree86 4.2.x unless you manually upgraded to 4.3. Is this the case? If so I can reset my test box to using 4.2.x instead of XFree 4.3.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1