Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Question about pdf rendering
Question about pdf rendering

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenner
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: Question about pdf rendering

Has any change been made to the pdf export module over the last few months? I have been using the same invoicing template now for more than a year. Occasionally I send an invoice by email. I export it to pdf format before I attach it to my email message. I noticed today that one particular font is now being converted into italicised format during the pdf rendering process. I am using N/J RC with Patch 8 + N/J 1.1 Patch 0 on Tiger 10.4.2.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject:

Are you using the direct PDF export in the software? You may also want to try generating PDFs through the print driver if that one isn't working (or vice versa). As far as I know nothing directly was changed in PDF generation or fonts for Patch-0, but there may be some font differences between RC patch 8 and final patch 0.

ed
Glenner
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
Are you using the direct PDF export in the software? You may also want to try generating PDFs through the print driver if that one isn't working (or vice versa). ed

Thanks, Ed, problem solved. I tried the print driver and the document is rendered as it should be. The same document is slightly bigger in size (60kb instead of 52kb). I seem to remember some thread about this issue from about a year ago or so but I was under the impression Patrick had fixed this somehow.

Martin
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject:

Nifty. You may want to still file this as an issue in BugZilla against the built-in PDF rendering. Mention the specific font, too, if you can. I suspect it's either a font name thing or perhaps a problem with fonts not getting embedded into the PDF.

While I'm glad the print driver workaround worked for you, some people using extendedPDF or other macros can't use that as a workaround Sad

ed
Glenner
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject:

Done. Thanks again
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1