Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - autorisation problems with OOo1.9.121
autorisation problems with OOo1.9.121

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org X11 Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darastacat
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: autorisation problems with OOo1.9.121

Hello,

I downloaded and installed OOo 1.1.2 and it works fine ... As I need to use some OpenDocument files I have tried to download and install OOo 1.9.121 [fr].
The problem is that when I launch it when with my User (admin) session, X11 launches ... but nothing else. I can't even see the splashscreen.

I tried to launch the app using the terminal but it seems I can't find the correct command anyway (isn't it ./ openoffice.org.app ??)

The strange thing is that OOo1.9.121 launches FINE when I'm logged as the ROOT user ... So I tried to fix my permissions ... but it still doesn't launch when using my common user session.

If someone has a tip .. I already searched through the forums and the FAQ but couldn't find anything accurate ..

Thx a lot.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject:

(The topic switched forums because questions/problems with unreleased/testing versions go in this forum, not the Support one Smile)

We need a little more information from you, like Mac OS X version, X server and version (Apple, XDarwin, etc.), whose m121 you're using (Eric B's, since its fr?), what launcher app you're using. Even then, there are still major problems with the Mac 1.9.xxx builds, and they differ by whose build one is using....

As for launching from the terminal, you need to be using xterm for that, not the standard Mac OS X Terminal app. This
Code:
/Applications/openoffice.org1.9.121/program/soffice
should work, assuming that's where your m121 is installed.

Smokey

Blue Pill

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject:

First sorry about posting in the wrong forum ...

Some infos about my config :
Mac OSX.4.2 on a PB 1ghz 512 Mo / X11 1.1 - XFree86 4.4.0 /
I guess it's Eric B's version I'm using since the link to dl this OOo version is "http://ooo.lab-project.net/~ebachard/MacOSX/2.0/"

I guess I'm using the launcher that is included with the "OOo1.9.121_Tiger_fr.pkg.zip" I downloadded ...

I thought that because I can have this version working under the root session and not when using my user version, the problem i am encountering was easy to solve Smile
I thought that it's the proof that the OOo I downloaded works fine, but that the autorisations is the main problem ..

NOTE : I've launched one more time the file called "OpenOffice.org" located in my "openoffice1.9.121" folder and .. IT WORKS ????
I don't understand anything, it's the third time I was launching it today, and I haven't done anything between the second and the third time ...

Well ... Thx anyway, I hope it will keep on working now !
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org X11 Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1