Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Printing error
Printing error

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCG

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Printing error

This printing error occurs when I have printed all pages of a document and try to go back and print only one page which had an error or which printed badly.

I am using NeoOffice 1.1 RC Patch 8, but it occurred on the release candidate with earlier patches as well. My computer is an iMac G5 1.6 GHz, 512 RAM running Mac OS 10.3.9.

Tonight I printed a four page document. When I tried to go back and reprint page 1 only, I got this error:

Quote:
Error: Invalid Page Range.

The number is out of range. Resetting back to last known valid entry.

I don't want to have to reprint a whole document when only one or two pages are bad - it's not a big deal with a short document, but it can be a big waste of paper and ink with a longer document.

Sorry I never reported this before, but it seemed an isolated incident the first time it happened.

Is this a bug, or is there some setting I can change to correct this?

Thanks in advance.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject:

This sounds very much like a variation on the range issue in bug 252; there is a semi-work-around in bug 252 that should help.

Hopefully Java 1.4.x won't have this bug (and won't introduce too many other bugs Sad)....

Smokey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Yup, that sounds like the kind of problem I had. I will try the workaround next time I have that problem.

On an unrelated topic, I registered for this site a long time ago. I have never used my log-in for two reasons:

1. I hate the username I picked. Razz
When I tried to change my username, I get the message "Registration Error! ERROR: Email address already registered."
2. The site does not remember my password. Everytime I log in, I get the message: "Login Incorrect! Please Try Again..." I then have to get a confirmation code emailed, followed by a new password emailed, followed by changing my password back to the one I want to use. Hence, I always post as a guest.

That's my rant, FWIW. Smile
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject:

JCG : If you send me details offline I can fix up the login or remove your old address so you can reregister. openstep at neooffice dot org.

ed
JCG

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject:

It took a while, but I did email you, on August 19.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Username

I've had a very similar problem.
After going through the entire registration process with the Username Morals, I tried to send my first message (How do I make a donation without PayPal?), but get the error message that this Username is taken.

I can't figure out how to send a message as a Guest.
So I'm totally stymied on membership, donation, and sending messages.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Username

I found out that I send a message as a guest simply by leaving the Username field blank.

Here is my original message:
I've just downloaded NeoOffice for Mac, after a horrendous experience with Abi. After I confirmed with an expert at TidBits that Microsoft Office can corrupt text and table documents, I've been shopping around.

I would like to contribute a modest sum, but can do so only through PayPal. I refuse use PayPal for many reasons. Two are:
1) that they want to communicate with me by email at a time when fake PayPal spams are extremely frequent.
2) They also want me to join their "bank" to be "verified", one of their many marketing gimmicks.
The choice of No PayPal on the donation page ends up forcing one to use PayPal.

So how can I donate without PayPal. Why not accept checks for less than $250? The USPostal Service is still working.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Right now we're not actually taking donations via anything aside from paypal. We actually never did the donation thing for a long time and got prodded into it Smile PayPal is not the greatest and has its flaws, for sure, but for better or for worse it's the easiest way for us to take donations without having a lot of overhead in tax and bank paperwork and accounting and the like. Leaves more time for development!!

Anyway, sorry if what we've got going on can't let you feel like you're helping out Sad It really is the thought that counts Very Happy Perhaps someone else can think of a solution?

ed
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Username

Anonymous wrote:
So how can I donate without PayPal. Why not accept checks for less than $250? The USPostal Service is still working.

I don't take checks for small dollar amounts for one simple reason: the donation will get consumed in income taxes and administrative time.

Not only does time spent going to and from the bank burn up time that could be spent working on Neo/J, but it also takes time to record and document the transaction within Planamesa's business and tax records.

So far, PayPal is the only site that does not require time or charge huge fees to collect donations. Plus, they automatically provide the recordkeeping that is needed to prepare the necessary annual U.S. tax filings without any effort required on my part.

It's too bad that there really is no alternative to PayPal, but you can always use the "pay by credit card" option. That does not require a PayPal account.

Patrick
JCG
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Yay. I am now official. Cool
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1