gcc4 porting

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
jjmckenzie51 wrote:
Great. I hope there are few problems and they are easily resolved.

Quite so! The amount of movement around here is really impressive. But, James, I just remembered a thread from some time ago which expressed the hope that you would swap the ugly file selector for a pretty Aqua variety. Patrick said it was a simple gig, and it is also guaranteed to get you in the Neo hall of fame (not that you need more) considering it is so highly visible.

Thank you for reminding me of that. I've been building OOo 1.1.5/2.0 and NeoOffice/J on almost a daily basis. I will definately look into adding the Aqua file picker dialog, but I will also have to find where in the code that I would have to place it.

ovvldc wrote:

Any plans in that direction or do you prefer to work with the OOo 2.0 branch now? I am not trying to squeeze more free time out of your existence, just curious Smile.

Yep, the three hour commutes are definately not fun. And I just finished moving and next month I will not be available towards the end of the month for a very long time. I don't know when I will be back or if I will be back (I am going off to Kuwait/Iraq.)

James
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject:

jjmckenzie51 wrote:
Thank you for reminding me of that. I've been building OOo 1.1.5/2.0 and NeoOffice/J on almost a daily basis. I will definately look into adding the Aqua file picker dialog, but I will also have to find where in the code that I would have to place it.

FYI. I have updated all of the Neo/J custom files (except TypeDetection.xcu) to integrate all changes that were made between OOo 1.1.4 and OOo 1.1.5. These changes build up to the installer (my installer build is still running) and I have put the updated files in the OOo1_1_5_experimental_branch tag in the Neo/J CVS repository.

You should checkout and build this tag and this is what I will be using.

Patrick
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
jjmckenzie51 wrote:

FYI. I have updated all of the Neo/J custom files (except TypeDetection.xcu) to integrate all changes that were made between OOo 1.1.4 and OOo 1.1.5. These changes build up to the installer (my installer build is still running) and I have put the updated files in the OOo1_1_5_experimental_branch tag in the Neo/J CVS repository.

cvs -z3 checkout OOo1_1_5_experimental_branch NeoOfficeJ?

James
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject:

jjmckenzie51 wrote:

Nice Smile.

jjmckenzie51 wrote:
Yep, the three hour commutes are definately not fun. And I just finished moving and next month I will not be available towards the end of the month for a very long time. I don't know when I will be back or if I will be back (I am going off to Kuwait/Iraq.)

Well, please be careful. Treat the other people like people but keep your eyes open. We would really like to have you back in one piece...

Actually, I am not that worried. Statistically, you have a pretty good chance of making it back in one piece.

jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
jjmckenzie51 wrote:

Well, please be careful. Treat the other people like people but keep your eyes open. We would really like to have you back in one piece...

So would I. I have to travel on their roads, which are quite nice. However, since the Kuwaiti people have a completely different look on life, it can make driving quite interesting.

ovvldc wrote:

Actually, I am not that worried. Statistically, you have a pretty good chance of making it back in one piece.

However, dead is dead and injured is injured. I drive on one of the worst roads to drive on, statisically, in Arizona. I've not been injured or killed, but recently a semi-tractor plowed into a bus full of folks. Several died and more were injured. There is an effort to improve the road but it is running into folks that want it to stay the way it is. I think they will eventually 'loose' but everyone else will 'win'. I think that the Kuwaiti people will adjust to driving and things there will get better over time.

And thank you for your kind words and prayers.

James
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:

Forgot one question. Does this build also include Java 1.4 changes?

I ran into a problem saving/loading Excel spreadsheets with the latest on the 1.2 Alpha builds.

James
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject:

jjmckenzie51 wrote:
Forgot one question. Does this build also include Java 1.4 changes?

Yes. I made the branch from the HEAD branch so that Neo/J VCL code is the same as the code in the Performance Test Patch 1.3.

Also, when I release any new patches, I will merge any VCL fixes into the new OOo1_1_5_experimental_branch.

Patrick
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject:

For now the gcc4 experimental branch is still on 1.1.4. The type problem is somewhere in the cppuhelper system (I think) and may be related to weak interfaces (perhaps). There is an exception being thrown in __queryDeepNoXInterface() where the type description for the service manager component is NULL on the first type of the object. This doesn't occur in the gcc3 build of setup.bin where at the point where the deep query occurs there is a higher reference count for the object and non-null pType pointers in the type array. I've been banging my head against the wall debugging this and at present have the gcc4 setup.bin cranking away with a hardware watchpoint to try and pinpoint the location where these type descriptions are getting freed.

If any of that makes senes to anyone who wants to help me debug the type system please jump in Smile

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject:

Crap crap crap. gdb ran out of memory while running with the watchpoint. Guess I get to spend more time plowing through code. I hate this convoluted C++ language binding.

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject:

(not that anyone else is debugging this, but at least I can keep reminders for myself in the future)

I found some potential errors in my changes to the XReference<> template (in cppu) that may have bungled the static types. Am recompiling now to see if those in fact are the culprits. It might explain why my reference counts are all wacky.

There are a couple of other areas where I solved gcc4 template compilation issues by addressing the underlying namespace scoping error whereas OOo 2 is using template specialization instead of scoping. If the XReference<> stuff isn't it, that may be where I need to look next.

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Well shit, after a day of compiling the XReference<> stuff wasn't it as the same type errors still occur in the X11 setup.bin. Looks like I get to continue throttling gdb and this shit code.

ed
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
Well shit, after a day of compiling the XReference<> stuff wasn't it as the same type errors still occur in the X11 setup.bin. Looks like I get to continue throttling gdb and this shit code.

Temper, temper Ed....

It looks like the Performance Patch stuff broke my 1.1.5 integration. I cannot export/import anything other than Neo/J or OOo formatted files....

I'm going to try and get the HEAD and 1_1_5 experimental stuff tonight and try (yet) another build. At least I have not had to resort to gdb.

James
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject:

jjmckenzie51 wrote:
t looks like the Performance Patch stuff broke my 1.1.5 integration. I cannot export/import anything other than Neo/J or OOo formatted files....

That is no surprise. By installing the Performance Patch over a 1.1.5 based installation, you are replacing a handful of the 1.1.5 libraries with 1.1.4 libraries. Also, you are overlaying Panther built libraries on top of Tiger build libraries. The potential symbols conflicts in both these cases is likely to break a lot of things or cause crashing.

Patrick
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
jjmckenzie51 wrote:
t looks like the Performance Patch stuff broke my 1.1.5 integration. I cannot export/import anything other than Neo/J or OOo formatted files....

That is no surprise. By installing the Performance Patch over a 1.1.5 based installation, you are replacing a handful of the 1.1.5 libraries with 1.1.4 libraries. Also, you are overlaying Panther built libraries on top of Tiger build libraries. The potential symbols conflicts in both these cases is likely to break a lot of things or cause crashing.

Ok. That would explain everything. I guess I will have to look for the 1.1.5 build directory. BTW, I'm building from HEAD, not applying the patch over another build.

James
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:

Building right now....Will see what happens with Excel documents.

Update: It took over three hours to get the 1.1.5 source. Looks like OpenOffice was a bit overloaded.

James
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10