Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Compile errors on HEAD...and fixing them...
Compile errors on HEAD...and fixing them...

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice/C Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schlesi
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:53 am    Post subject:

It means,

we've reached a milestone. You can compile it successfully both on 10.2 and 10.3 (with Dan's STLPort-patch).

The next step should IMHO be to make the setup runnable on 10.3 (see the thread "Running setup on Panther").

Thomas
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:50 pm    Post subject:

FYI, the setup executable will launch on 10.2/Jag according to the standard 1.1 setup procedure (see the setup thread for details). On 10.2 it exhibits the standard problems with the Neo VCL, such as virtual device flipping on scroll lists. It should be possible to complete it if you can wade through it with only the mouse.

It's only on 10.3 where windowing isn't functioning successfully.

Note this doesn't mean that the end product is anywhere near functional, but it's a phenomenal large first hurdle Smile

ed
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:36 am    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
Note this doesn't mean that the end product is anywhere near functional, but it's a phenomenal large first hurdle Smile

ed

that's the part i was looking for. =)

-j
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:41 pm    Post subject:

I just committed changes to config_office and to stlport. This should allow the source to compile on either 10.2.8 or 10.3 with gcc3. After searching through the default defines of the compiler and not seeing anything different except __VERSION__ (which can't be compared in preprocessor macros since it's a string) I propogated through the revision of the build operating system into environment variables. Note that this whole approach will probably fail if we ever get oru build system to the point where we can use the targeted header version feature of Xcode.

config_office now exports the major, minor, and revision numbers of the operating system into BUILD_OS_* environment variables in addition to the ENVCDEFS variable.

The changes to the stlport patch use these environment variables to determine whether to use the 10.2 custom wint_t definition or get it from 10.3 headers accordingly.

I've tested compilation on 10.3 and 10.2 with July gcc 3.3.

That should hit the last of the compile errors Smile

ed
schlesi
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Ed,

the neo.src-problem seems not to be fixed in cvs. I've deleted the unxmacxp.pro in offmgr, got the neo.src from cvs and have this error message:

Code:

Making: ../../../unxmacxp.pro/srs/neo.srs
echo neo.src
neo.src
rsc -presponse @/var/tmp/mkul33d6
VCL Resource Compiler 3.0
Preprocessor commandline:  -I. -I. -I. -I../inc -I../../../inc -I../../../aqua/inc -I../../../unx/inc -I../../../unxmacxp.pro/inc -I. -I/neooffice/solver/645/unxmacxp.pro/inc/stl -I/neooffice/solver/645/unxmacxp.pro/inc/external -I/neooffice/solver/645/unxmacxp.pro/inc -I/neooffice/solenv/unxmacxp/inc -I/neooffice/solenv/inc -I/neooffice/res -I/neooffice/solver/645/unxmacxp.pro/inc/stl -I/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Headers -I/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Headers -I. -I../../../res -I. -DUNX -DVCL -DGCC -DC300 -DSUPD=645 -DBUILD=8687 -DSOLAR_JAVA -DPRODUCT -DPRODUCT_FULL -DNDEBUG -DOSL_DEBUG_LEVEL=0 -DOOO_VENDOR="thomas" -DOOO_LICENSE="LGPL" -DBUILD_SPECIAL=True -DUPDVER="645m18(Build:8687)" -DUPDVER="645m18(Build:8687)" neo.src /var/tmp/temp03559e0310
Preprocessor startline:  rscpp @/var/tmp/temp03559ad25e
cpp: line 280, Warning: Redefining defined variable "STR_FILTERNAME_ALL"
#define STR_FILTERNAME_ALL                                      (RID_SFX_START+106)
from file neo.src, line 55:
#include <sfx2/sfx.hrc>
cpp: line 64, Warning: Redefining defined variable "OOO_VENDOR"
#define OOO_VENDOR "Sun Microsystems Inc."
Rsc2 commandline: rsc2 @/var/tmp/temp035594b3ef
Files: /var/tmp/temp03559e0310
reading file /var/tmp/temp03559e0310 ..
Bitmap (260+2)
      ^
f640: "neo.src", line 81: Error: parse error

f256: Error: !! 1 Error found!!
Error starting rsc2 compiler
dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../../../unxmacxp.pro/srs/neo.srs'
---* TG_SLO.MK *---
dmake:  Error code 255, while making 'SRC5'
---* TG_SLO.MK *---

ERROR: Error 65280 occurred while making /neooffice/offmgr/source/offapp/intro
dmake:  Error code 1, while making 'build_all'
---* TG_SLO.MK *---

Thomas
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Ah, very true, I should do a clean checkout and build before declaring victory. My neo.src and resource tools were still compiled on 10.2.8, not on 10.3.

ed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Try it now guys... should be fixed. If not, post the line in neo.src that the error occured on.

Dan
schlesi
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:27 am    Post subject:

Yes, it's fixed now Very Happy

Thomas
fa_notloggedin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:28 pm    Post subject:

I committed a bit more of the Layout implementation, at least the parts that deal with string widths. These are now calculated and cached in the LayoutText method of SimpleATSLayout class, so that they don't have to be calculated at each call to text width functions.

I still don't like the text always being 8 pixels high, I didn't have time to find out where that's coming from, but I will.

After this, we need to fill out more of the layout implementation, deal with text runs (a Layout can have more than 1 text run and we need to lay all of them out I guess) and also with context. Currently the implementation grabs and caches only the part of the string to draw, we need to cache the whole string and then use offsets into that string instead of 0 to do our drawing.

Dan
fa
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Very small (8pt) font size has been fixed in CVS. Update your 'vcl' modules...
schlesi
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:39 am    Post subject:

Yes, the font size in the setup screens is now good.

Thomas
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice/C Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6