· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - 1.1.5 RC sources
1.1.5 RC sources

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org X11 Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: 1.1.5 RC sources

I am looking for the 1.1.5 RC sources so that I can continue to slog through the number of patches and see if they are needed anymore.

I don't want to CVS them as that will take at least one day with my Internet connection.

Thank you.

James
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject:

I found the sources on some of the OOo mirrors. However, the source file is over 230 MB!

Your best bet is to do a "cvs update -r SRX645_m57" on your OOo 1.1.4 workspace. The number of changes between these two CVS tags is only a small fraction of the total OOo sources.

Patrick
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
I found the sources on some of the OOo mirrors. However, the source file is over 230 MB!

Your best bet is to do a "cvs update -r SRX645_m57" on your OOo 1.1.4 workspace. The number of changes between these two CVS tags is only a small fraction of the total OOo sources.

I have those sources and was going to begin work on integrating the Carbon/Java framework you have. I have an acceptable build (actually have have quite a few builds but are unable to test them because I don't use French, German or anyother language except English-US (although I would like to relearn how to use the Korean keyboard.)

Would you like for me to continue or stop working on this effort?

James
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject:

jjmckenzie51 wrote:
I have those sources and was going to begin work on integrating the Carbon/Java framework you have. I have an acceptable build (actually have have quite a few builds but are unable to test them because I don't use French, German or anyother language except English-US (although I would like to relearn how to use the Korean keyboard.)

This is not a big deal since all of the X11 code that handles key entry is replaced by Carbon/Java code in Neo/J. As long as you can install and run the application, then things are OK.

jjmckenzie51 wrote:

Continuing on this effort would really help as I will be stuck working on the Java 1.4 support for at least a month. If you can get OOo 1.1.5 to build and run, that will make my upgrade that much easier.

To keep this all coordinated, I would recommend the following process:

1. When you cvs update your sources, note which files are marked with a status of "M" or "C", delete these and cvs update again so that you have the original sources and not some mix of your current changes and the OOo 1.1.4 code.

2. Delete all of your unxmacxp.pro directories to force a complete rebuild.

3. Before rebuilding and applying your patches, see if you can apply the patches in Neo/J's patches/openoffice.org directory. If they apply OK and eventually build, remember to generate a new patch for each of these.

4. Apply your Tiger patches.

5. When you get OOo to build, install, and run, create a new bug in Bugzilla called "Upgrade to OOo 1.1.5" or something like that and attach your patches. Make sure that you create a separate patch for each OOo module and generate the patch by cd'ing into the topmost directory in the module and invoking "cvs diff -u" and redirecting stderr to /dev/null. The "diff -u" makes that patches much more readable.

Patrick
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
jjmckenzie51 wrote:

This is not a big deal since all of the X11 code that handles key entry is replaced by Carbon/Java code in Neo/J. As long as you can install and run the application, then things are OK.

Ok. I was wondering what the new code did.
[quote="pluby"]
jjmckenzie51 wrote:

Continuing on this effort would really help as I will be stuck working on the Java 1.4 support for at least a month. If you can get OOo 1.1.5 to build and run, that will make my upgrade that much easier.

To keep this all coordinated, I would recommend the following process:

1. When you cvs update your sources, note which files are marked with a status of "M" or "C", delete these and cvs update again so that you have the original sources and not some mix of your current changes and the OOo 1.1.4 code.[\quote]

I have all of the original code stored in a separate directory. I figured if it takes me 24 hours or so to CVS the code and about ten minutes to do a full directory copy, it would be easier to copy over the code several times.

pluby wrote:

2. Delete all of your unxmacxp.pro directories to force a complete rebuild.

I use the following (swiped from the root makefile.mk for OOo);

rm -rf */unxmacxp.pro
rm -rf solver/*/unxmacxp.pro

This rids the system of all code.

Also you should 'clean' the insetoo-native directory as this is where the final build is stored.

pluby wrote:

3. Before rebuilding and applying your patches, see if you can apply the patches in Neo/J's patches/openoffice.org directory. If they apply OK and eventually build, remember to generate a new patch for each of these.

idlc breaks with these patches. However, it does not with the patches that I am working on.

[quote="pluby"]
4. Apply your Tiger patches.
[\quote]

I used 'my' patches to build OOo SRX645_m57 on Tiger. I was wondering if they worked on Panther or Jaguar, too.

[quote="pluby"]
5. When you get OOo to build, install, and run, create a new bug in Bugzilla called "Upgrade to OOo 1.1.5" or something like that and attach your patches. Make sure that you create a separate patch for each OOo module and generate the patch by cd'ing into the topmost directory in the module and invoking "cvs diff -u" and redirecting stderr to /dev/null. The "diff -u" makes that patches much more readable.
[\quote]

I was going to break out the patches by module and see which one I needed to build idlc where it did not break. That is the next challange. However, I can also build Neo/J too after I get a good build. BTW, it takes about one and one-half to two hours for the idlc problem to appear during the build. This is on a build that takes about 24 hours to complete.

I will work on breaking out the various patches this evening.

James
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject:

jjmckenzie51 wrote:

There is no hurry for you to break out the patches. In fact, I would prefer that you and Ed wait until you have a working build.

Patrick
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
jjmckenzie51 wrote:

There is no hurry for you to break out the patches. In fact, I would prefer that you and Ed wait until you have a working build.

Ok. I'm updating the unpatched m57 directory to current CVS at this time.

James
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject:

jjmckenzie51 wrote:
pluby wrote:
5. When you get OOo to build, install, and run, create a new bug in Bugzilla called "Upgrade to OOo 1.1.5" or something like that and attach your patches.

James, when you have a nice working build and all that and open that bug, please CC me on it. Upgrading to 1.1.5 will require plist updates, and there are currently some holes in our plist that I've been tracking down anyway, so I can submit one master updated plist. (Updating to 1.1.5 will also mean Ed has to fix bug 894 for NeoLight and update his plist, too.)

Patrick, do you think we need new icons for the OpenDocument formats, or "updates" to the existing ones to differentiate them from the 1.x formats (say, by the adddition of a "2" or "OD*" badge)?

Smokey

The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
jjmckenzie51 wrote:
pluby wrote:
5. When you get OOo to build, install, and run, create a new bug in Bugzilla called "Upgrade to OOo 1.1.5" or something like that and attach your patches.

James, when you have a nice working build and all that and open that bug, please CC me on it. Upgrading to 1.1.5 will require plist updates, and there are currently some holes in our plist that I've been tracking down anyway, so I can submit one master updated plist. (Updating to 1.1.5 will also mean Ed has to fix bug 894 for NeoLight and update his plist, too.)

Which version of 1.1.5? X11 or Neo/J?

James
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject:

jjmckenzie51 wrote:
Which version of 1.1.5? X11 or Neo/J?

Neo/J. X11 doesn't have a plist Smile (Terry's plist doesn't have any of the Microsoft or ancillary formats at all; I thought I sent him a bug report about that, but if not, "sorry, Terry Embarassed")

I thought that's what you and Patrick were talking about, although I see now this is the X11 Dev forum.

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org X11 Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1