Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Changing Open Dialog Menu
Changing Open Dialog Menu

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Changing Open Dialog Menu

This one is basically for Patrick and Ed, but if you know the answer chime in. With the addition of OpenDocument support in OOo 1.1.5 I would like to add the OpenDocument formats so that I can test import only under NeoOffice/J. However, I don't know where to change the menus. I know that the NeoOffice team is doing this because of the changes to the .sc(x) type file formats from OpenOffice to NeoOffice.

Thanks.

James
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Changing Open Dialog Menu

jjmckenzie51 wrote:
This one is basically for Patrick and Ed, but if you know the answer chime in. With the addition of OpenDocument support in OOo 1.1.5 I would like to add the OpenDocument formats so that I can test import only under NeoOffice/J. However, I don't know where to change the menus. I know that the NeoOffice team is doing this because of the changes to the .sc(x) type file formats from OpenOffice to NeoOffice.

NeoOffice doesn't make any direct changes to the menus. If none of the OOo 1.1.5 OpenDocument menus are showing up, then the likely problem is that one or more of the changes to the XML files in Neo/J's "share/registry/data" is incompatible with the OOo 1.1.5 files.

The best way to find such an incompatibility is to "diff -r" the share/registry/data directories of both Neo/J and OOo 1.1.5 and look through each of the differences.

Patrick
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Changing Open Dialog Menu

pluby wrote:
NeoOffice doesn't make any direct changes to the menus. If none of the OOo 1.1.5 OpenDocument menus are showing up, then the likely problem is that one or more of the changes to the XML files in Neo/J's "share/registry/data" is incompatible with the OOo 1.1.5 files.

The best way to find such an incompatibility is to "diff -r" the share/registry/data directories of both Neo/J and OOo 1.1.5 and look through each of the differences.

Found the location of the information and it is the TypeDefinations.xcu file in the /share/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/ directory. I'm just wondering where this file comes from, and that is something else for me to look for.

BTW, the OpenOffice type documents are changed to NeoOffice in the Common.xcu file in the same directory for NeoOffice. That definately lets me know which program I am using.

James McKenzie
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject:

It comes from the writerperfect/util/TypeDetection.xcu file in the Neo/J CVS repository.

This custom TypeDetection.xcu file is the OOo 1.1.4 file with the WordPerfect filters added.

Patrick
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
It comes from the writerperfect/util/TypeDetection.xcu file in the Neo/J CVS repository.

This custom TypeDetection.xcu file is the OOo 1.1.4 file with the WordPerfect filters added.

Thanks. Now that I know where the file is, I will work through the changes needed to add in ODT. I hope that this works. It will be a while though, I am cleaning the house of all of the 'junk' that I've accumulated over the years that I don't want to take with me. Yes, I'm moving.

James
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1