Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - 2.0 beta English is in the wrong language
2.0 beta English is in the wrong language

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org X11 Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bgrant
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: 2.0 beta English is in the wrong language

I downloaded the OOo 2.0beta for OS/X X11 in English. I ran the install and noticed the entire app is in French, I think. Does anyone have the correct English version link? In the meantime I'm using NeoOffice/J which works, but I'd like the new features & fixes from 2.0. Currently NeoOffice is still based on the 1.1 branch.
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: 2.0 beta English is in the wrong language

bgrant wrote:
I downloaded the OOo 2.0beta for OS/X X11 in English. I ran the install and noticed the entire app is in French, I think. Does anyone have the correct English version link? In the meantime I'm using NeoOffice/J which works, but I'd like the new features & fixes from 2.0. Currently NeoOffice is still based on the 1.1 branch.

Where did you get the OOo 2.0 beta for MacOSX/X11?

I have several sources, but I don't want to give you the same place you downloaded from.

James
bgrant
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject:

from here:

http://macosxrc.services.openoffice.org/pub/OpenOffice.org/ooomisc/MacOSXrc/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Well, I saw that repository and it's clear that that version is in french: the file name is OOo1.9.125_Tiger_fr.pkg.zip. That fr after Tiger means frech.

Don't know, but I download english version from ftp://ftp.stardiv.de/pub/OpenOffice.org/contrib/MacOSX/ and this one is in english (and is 1.9.130 instead of 1.9.125). Other sites are http://ooofr.org/telechargement/macosx/2.0/m130/ (english and french).

Version 1.9.125 (OOo2 beta2) is also available in 54 different langages at ftp://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/MacOSX/2.0Beta2/

Valter
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Anonymous wrote:
Well, I saw that repository and it's clear that that version is in french: the file name is OOo1.9.125_Tiger_fr.pkg.zip. That fr after Tiger means frech.

Don't know, but I download english version from ftp://ftp.stardiv.de/pub/OpenOffice.org/contrib/MacOSX/ and this one is in english (and is 1.9.130 instead of 1.9.125).

This is the 'offical' OpenOffice/StarOffice site.

Valter wrote:
Other sites are http://ooofr.org/telechargement/macosx/2.0/m130/ (english and french).

This is Eric Bachard's web site. Eric is co-leader of the Porting team.

Valter wrote:

Version 1.9.125 (OOo2 beta2) is also available in 54 different langages at ftp://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/MacOSX/2.0Beta2/

And this is Maho NAKATA's ftp/build site. Maho has been very active in the MacOSX/FreeBSD porting effort for OOo 2.0 Beta. His builds are different from Eric's as he uses code that has not been offically through the OpenOffice QA process.

All of these sites offer OpenOffice 2.0 beta (SRC680_m130) in English. Maho builds for a bunch of languages.

One person left out of the equation is Pavel Janik. He works on the OOo 2.0 and OOo 1.1.5 ports to Czech/Slovakian. His web site is at ftp://ftp.linux.cz/pub/localization/OpenOffice.org/1.1.5/ for the 1.1.5 builds. At present, I could not find an OOo 2.0 beta build for MacOSX, although if you are willing to do your own build, the files are on this web site to allow you to 'roll your own.'

Good luck and happy hunting. If you have feedback on any of the builds, please joing the dev@porting.openoffice.org mailing list and post your comments to this forum.

James
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Moved this topic to the "Testing" forum where it belongs, since we're not dealing with a final, released version

Note there's a sticky thread at the top of this (OOo Testing) forum that lists sources for OOo 1.9.xxx development builds for test. I try to keep the sticky updated, but I don't have time to go looking daily. On some of the servers, files change quite often (stardiv and macosxrc.services.oo.o), so one build might work on one OS version in one language, but the one that replaces it may not. Caveat lector Smile

Pavel and Maho keep a wide selection of builds around (when Pavel does a Mac OS X build) and often include separate builds for various languages. If you don't see otherwise, it's safe to assume the build runs in English, but if you see another language code (de, fr, jp, nl, etc.) then it'll be for that language instead.

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org X11 Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1