· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice patch requires /Applications
NeoOffice patch requires /Applications

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pike

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: NeoOffice patch requires /Applications

Hi

the neooffice patch refuses to .. patch neooffice .. if it's not installed in /Applications. that gave me a startling win98 feeling for a few seconds .. where most software needed to be installed in C:\\Program Files\ Smile

I keep 3rdparty software somewhere else. /Applications tends to fill up with osware anyway.

$2c,
*pike
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:16 am    Post subject:

See Using_NeoOffice/J Outside of /Applications in the wiki.

Unfortunately, OpenOffice.org began its life as a Windows program, and most Unix-like OSes also install their apps in a fixed place, like /opt/openoffice.orgn.n.n, so it's been an uphill battle for what few Mac developers there are to get everyone else to stop hardcoding pathnames inside the app and the user files Sad

Smokey

Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject:

This is not obvious from this thread nor the wiki (i'll update it in a minute if my login is still active after spam cleanup):

It's easy to install Neo/J to another volume.
If you have several partitions or physical disk, just create an "Applications" folder at the root of this volume and it will be offered as a choice for the installation and patches thereafter.

I'm using it this way from the very begining since i'm keeping my "/Applications" folder in the original "Apple" state. Only genuine applications are there. I manage three other folders for third party applications.

Max
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, Max! That's a good tip, and I wasn't aware of it Smile

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1