I've added manually the dic and aff files into my ~/Library/.... profile and have added by hand the following line to my dictionary.lst file:
DICT af ZA eo_EO
Yes, because Neo/J doesn't know nothing about esperanto, it plays afrikaans here . BTW, the correct line for OO2 which knows is
DICT eo ANY eo_EO
But U.S. Extended keyboard driver works under Tiger, so I can write AND spell check in esperanto.
It seems the problem is related to the number of spellcheckers loaded. U.S. Extended keyboard driver used to work under Panther when only English spell checker was activated. Now it doesn't work anymore or works partially, because I can only input the accents from Latin 1 (French and so on).
Tiger seems to allow the correct work with many dictionaries loaded at the same time, at least for now.
I have English and French dictionaries loaded in 10.3.9, and US Extended still works for me: āṣḥǧĝ
Does Unicode Hex Input work? (opt+four-digit unicode value)
(As an aside, I wish there were an easy way to patch 1.1-based versions to handle the languages added in 1.9-based versions, since the dictionaries are compatible. Max looked into it at one point and it was quite convoluted )
Smokey _________________ "[...] whether the duck drinks hot chocolate or coffee is irrelevant." -- ovvldc and sardisson in the NeoWiki
No, Unicode Hex doesn't work either.
I have English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, Russian and Esperanto (as Afrikaans) dictionaries activated.
When only English was activated, U.S. Extended has worked. I presume Hex was usable, too.
Now they don't work anymore under 10.3.9, but work well under 10.4.2. I've typed a short Russian-Esperanto text with both parts spell checked on the fly.
Under 10.3.9 and Neo/J 1.1 with Performance patch 1.5 installed Hex Input doesn't produce nothing and if I type Option+6+u to get û using U.S. Extended keyboard, I get a plain vanilla u.
I've trashed my dictionary.lst file to get a fresh English only one, but Unicode keyboards still don't work well. I presume something else was modified when all those languages were activated, maybe during Russian language pack install, and now the only way to restore is to trash both neo/J and my all config files in my user profile.
Last edited by VN on Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yes, it seems the problem is related to Russian dictionary.
Actually, there are three of them, ru_RU, ru_RU_ie and ru_RU_yo. On my 10.2.4 system I've added ru_RU_yo by hand and on my 10.3.9 system I've used the language pack which has installed all of them. Very bad idea.
Tomorrow I'll tweak further and try to see how to get rid of the problem.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You cannot download files in this forum