Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - old luxuriousity rant (moved)
old luxuriousity rant (moved)

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Ranting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:02 am    Post subject: old luxuriousity rant (moved)

Polly wrote:
dated July 2004 (from Luxuriousity, hey it's a CD with all I need, I hope, only $10, I wouldn't try Open Office without it.)
eMac G4, 10.2.8.

I don't mean to sound like a jackass...but I must rant and flame here.

READ THE F POST AT THE TOP OF THE FORUM!!!

They haven't paid any of us S!!!

Running this server costs me $100 plus per month in NON-REFUNDABLE EXPENSES

I could be using that fucking $100 / month to pay off my car loan but instead I use it to continue these services that SOME STUPID F refer their PAID USERS TO as their OFFICIAL CORPORATE SUPPORT.

I do this as a VOLUNTEER SERVICE for the GREATER GOOD

LUXURIOUSITY AND OTHER COMPANIES MAKE A PROFIT OFF OF MY WORK

Those companies give me (and others) JACK S for $$

They don't even pay my ISP BILLS much less $$ for the TIME I spend writing answers to SUPPORT QUESTIONS instead of even HIRING A SINGLE SUPPORT ENGINEER TO RESPOND TO QUESTIONS HERE

So, please don't take this personally but...

CALL THEIR OWN SUPPORT LINE INSTEAD OF LETTING THEM TAKE ADVANTAGE OF MY OWN SERVICES

F them, and ftheir CDs, f their distribution. Frankly, I don't give a rats ass and don't care about their users.

And the moment they start redistributing "NeoOffice" or anything I hold an exclusive trademark for, they can count on hearing from my lawyers and getting sued into oblivion. I hope they ROT IN HELL and get all the pain they deserve. I just wish I could block all users of their distribution from accessing this web service, not just those who are directly referred from specific servers.

ed

Last edited by OPENSTEP on Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:28 am; edited 2 times in total
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject:

(this was a private response to an apology...I didn't intend to actually tick users off, and since that company doesn't read this place anyway I guess it was me ranting to a vacuum... I also locked the topic so I wouldn't continue ranting last night/this morning Smile )

Oh no, it's not anything against you personally and am not trying to lock you out of the forums or anything. It's more my frustration at that damn company, not its customers or anyone personally. I don't have anything personally against the concept of repackaging, I just think that it's slimy of companies to not provide their customers with their own support :/

I just had to rant and get it out of my system again and hopefully either embarass them to the point where they either start helping out here or start providing their own customers with the support they really should be. Leech companies, however, just tick me off since their customers wind up getting burned and they don't give anything back to the community.

BSDMall, for contrast, is usually quite helpful and they're working on their own 1.1 based CD distro at the present time (though I'm not actively working on it, they do a good job packaging, testing, and offering support). They also give back to the community by funding some individuals to work on the code and hope to be able to offer bounties for getting Mac OS X specific projects done in OOo and NeoJ. Quite different Very Happy

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject:

(yeah, OT, but sorry for the rant above too...it was over a year ago after a few bottles of wine and b4 I made the ranting forum Smile )

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Ranting All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1