· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - pluby phases to have a debugged neooffice:
pluby phases to have a debugged neooffice:

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Ranting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fabrizio venerandi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: pluby phases to have a debugged neooffice:

1- sorry this is impossible to have in java 2-sorry, I understand this is important for you, but it is impossible 'cause there is a java limitation 3- please don't ask me more for it 'cause I said it is impossible and I have no time to lose 4-btw I was reading neooffice code in bathroom to take a rest when I see a way to have a similar things like the one you asked to me 5- I know it is not *exactly* the same you asked to me, but it is quite similar 6-no, sorry, I can not change a little the code to give to you exactly the thing you asked to me 'cause it is still impossible 7- no sorry I can not give to you my telephone number 8- btw I was making some mantra exercize to keep me unsleep during the night so I can debug neoofice while other people usually sleep and agent cooper appears me in a dream and whisper me the way to have exactly the things you asked me lately 9- so I can close this bug as Fixed.
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject:

OK, this is not helping. Other than that Fabrizio just threw off some frustration, which I can sympathize with...

Enfin, the recipe is as follows: post a sample document, have some faith and Patrick usually gets around the bug in some time. It is volunteer and open source work, so don't expect midnight miracles. If something isn't right, don't start pushing until two weeks after filing the bug. These things don't solve themselves.

Considering the release schedules of the competition, I'd say Neo is adapting at lightning speed.

jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
OK, this is not helping. Other than that Fabrizio just threw off some frustration, which I can sympathize with...

Enfin, the recipe is as follows: post a sample document, have some faith and Patrick usually gets around the bug in some time. It is volunteer and open source work, so don't expect midnight miracles. If something isn't right, don't start pushing until two weeks after filing the bug. These things don't solve themselves.

And one other thing: If we say it is an OpenOffice bug, it is. I run, concurrently, Neo/J 1.1.5 Alpha (I build it on Tiger since Patrick does not and wants to know if things break in Tiger) and 1.1.5 (with patches that will bring it to the same functionality as the proposed 1.1.6). If you report a bug that appears to be an OpenOffice bug, I test it and if it is one, I ask that you report it. Why? Because I can then go in and verify that the bug exists. If I report it, it may NEVER be verified. There is a LIMITED team working on 1.1.4/1.1.5/1.1.6 right now as efforts are concentrated on getting OOo 2.0 completed.

James
fabrizio venerandi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject:

hey it was only a joke!
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Fabrizio,

ROFL. You left out all of the cussing at my machine, Java, Mac OS X, etc. that I do between step 5 and 6.

What is really funny is that the steps that you listed are pretty close to the truth. I almost always find my best fixes when I have nearly given up in frustration. Wink

Patrick
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject:

isn't there a bottle of wine somewhere in there around 4? Or perhaps multiple? Very Happy

ed
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: pluby phases to have a debugged neooffice:

fabrizio venerandi wrote:
1- sorry this is impossible to have in java 2-sorry, I understand this is important for you, but it is impossible 'cause there is a java limitation 3- please don't ask me more for it 'cause I said it is impossible and I have no time to lose 4-btw I was reading neooffice code in bathroom to take a rest when I see a way to have a similar things like the one you asked to me

4a. Ok. Flush. I think I found the bug, but I cannot fix it because it breaks something else.

4.b. Takes appropriate beverage break (at least one six-pack of Samual Adams or one bottle of wine.) (In drunken tone) I think I found it, but I cannot fix it because I cannot find the keyboard and for some reason I now see two screens....

5- I know it is not *exactly* the same you asked to me, but it is quite similar 6-no, sorry, I can not change a little the code to give to you exactly the thing you asked to me 'cause it is still impossible 7- no sorry I can not give to you my telephone number 8- btw I was making some mantra exercize to keep me unsleep during the night so I can debug neoofice while other people usually sleep and agent cooper appears me in a dream and whisper me the way to have exactly the things you asked me lately 9- so I can close this bug as Fixed.
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject:

...and there's the 'alternative' 1a): This is not a bug, you have haxies installed, you have no sanity... Wink

- yoxi
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Updated: Pluby phases to have a debugged neooffice

OK, I think it's Time to review these steps - Please update as necessary Laughing

pluby phases to have a debugged neooffice

1- sorry this is impossible to have in java (1.3, 1.4, 1.4.2-a-beta, ... 2.x.y-z, etc)
1a- This is not a bug, you have haxies installed, you have no sanity...

2- sorry, I understand this is important for you, but it is impossible 'cause there is a java limitation - please don't ask me more for it 'cause I said it is impossible and I have no time to lose

4- btw I was reading neooffice code in bathroom to take a rest when I see a way to have a similar things like the one you asked to me
4a. Ok. Flush. I think I found the bug, but I cannot fix it because it breaks something else.

4.b. Takes appropriate beverage break (at least one six-pack of Samual Adams or one bottle of wine.) (In drunken tone) I think I found it, but I cannot fix it because I cannot find the keyboard and for some reason I now see two screens....

5- I know it is not *exactly* the same you asked to me, but it is quite similar
5.1 - "... Cussing at my machine, Java, Mac OS X, etc. that I/"pluby" do between step 5 and 6"

6- no, sorry, I can not change a little the code to give to you exactly the thing you asked to me 'cause it is still impossible
6a- No, I can NOT change the structure/menus/design/whatever of underlying OOo code to give you exactly what you want.
That is beyond the scope of this project / resources / ....
or
6.2- "'Please trash your preferences folder" <edit>
or
6.2b- "And one other thing: If we say it is an OpenOffice bug, it is."
We don't have the resources to fix OOo code bugs!

7- no sorry I can not give to you my telephone number

8- btw I was making some mantra exercize to keep me unsleep during the night so I can debug NeoOffice while other people usually sleep and agent cooper appears me in a dream and whisper me the way to have exactly the things you asked me lately

9- so I can close this bug as Fixed.

Philip (is it time for NeoOffice 2.Oh! Aqua Beta yet? Cool )

\ ROTFLMAO - again

Last edited by LemonAid on Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject:

There should be a branch line in there somewhere for 'please trash your preferences folder'...Cool

- padmavyuha
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Updated per the excellent suggestion by padmavyuha

<edit> I'm lazy and update the changes in the original message

Philip ( running out of funny tag line sayings.... Wink )
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Ranting All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1