· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Life-cycle of a bug and bug triage
Life-cycle of a bug and bug triage

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:31 am    Post subject: Life-cycle of a bug and bug triage

Since I think most of us who triage bugs for Patrick and Ed read this forum....

My fourth "big" project of the past week (after the draft of the wiki translation guide, the Java 1.4 regression checking table, and cleaning up after the corrupting spam-bot) was adding a section to the draft Bugzilla guide about the life-cycle of a bug.

I've noticed from time to time that bugs get left in "bad" states--instead of being set to "assigned" when someone can reproduce a reporter's bug, the bug is set to "verified", as so forth--so I tried to put together this guide based on my observations of how Patrick and Ed have run Bugzilla and manage bugs (so corrections welcome, as always Smile) so we can all refer to it, and there's a easy source of "received knowledge" for anyone else who wants to start helping with bug triage in the future....

There's an attempt at a diagram, too, for the visual learners--but JKT is really the master of OmniGraffle, not me Smile

Oh, and let's not forget the link this time Wink http://neowiki.sixthcrusade.com/index.php/Bugzilla_Guide#Life-cycle_of_a_Bug

The life-cycle stuff probably should end up on its own page to make the page not so long and whatnot, but right now the draft Bugzilla Guide has all the bugzilla-related stuff all in one place Smile

Smokey

The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject:

That's actually a really nice thing to have. We have problems with trying to track down procedures or practices for the changes to a state over a bug's lifetime in my real job, much less here Smile Thanks for the great writeup!

ed
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject:

s@rdzi-0n is teh R0X0R11111

(sorry, practicing my 1337 speek. well, actually i am practicing to make fun of leet speek, because, well, it is funny. besides, we all know w3rd is the only word with a number in it.)

that's great man, thanks again for all the work you do on the wiki.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1