Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - How do I launch Openoffice.org?
How do I launch Openoffice.org?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marequi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: How do I launch Openoffice.org?

Hello,
I just downloaded and installed OpenOffice.org and I am having a hard time launching the program. Can someone help me get the program up and running? The installation went well and had no errors at all.

Thank you in advance.

marequi
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: How do I launch Openoffice.org?

marequi wrote:
Hello,
I just downloaded and installed OpenOffice.org and I am having a hard time launching the program. Can someone help me get the program up and running? The installation went well and had no errors at all.

Thank you in advance.

marequi

I know it's probably a silly question, but you DO have x11 installed? Normally the OOo program installs a launcher, which you click, and the X11 and then OOo launches from there. What was installed in your Applications folder?
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: How do I launch Openoffice.org?

marequi wrote:
Hello,

Where did you get the copy of OpenOffice? There is a MacOSX specific version of OpenOffice, created and built by Eric Bachard, located at:

http://ooofr.org/telechargement/macosx/2.0/m133/

There are versions there for French, German, English-US and Japanese.

This release comes as a MacOSX installer and launcher. You open the .dmg file and drag the launcher to the /Applications folder and the Dock (if you desire to lauch the application from the Dock.) You must also have X11 installed (it is on the Panther/Tiger CDs) to use this program.

James
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1