· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - OO 2 on Mac - Won't run
OO 2 on Mac - Won't run

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org X11 Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZephyrC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: would like to build OO 2.0.x on MacTel

Can someone point me towards some tips on building a native (non-Rosetta) OO 2.0.x version on MacTel? I've got the XCode tools installed and the Darwinports installed (but only a few gadgets downloaded like ethereal).

Native PPC install gives me the same problem as the late 2005 posters. X11 not present, and, oddly, with 10.4.5 Tiger, it _is not_ on the two Mac OS X installation DVDS (i.e. no file X11User.pkg).

Thus, I'd like to go for the no X11 version and help with bug reporting, debugging, or anything else. I'm not a Mac bigot, just a productivity bigot, so I think I'm better off investing my time in Opensource Mac-based software then investing my money in MSFT's virus-laden software.

("A virus is characterized by its impact on computer users' productivity. Hence, MSFT is the greatest virus author in history.") Very Happy
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject:

as far as i know, no binaries for the x11-less version of openoffice.org have been released.

there is an intel release for oo.o 2.0, the PPC version will not work under rosetta. it can be found here:
ftp://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/MacOSX

for info on the non-x11 version, join the mac porting email list.

neooffice is working on a 2.0 version that should work on intel as well, just stay in touch.

hope that helps,
-j
ZephyrC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: native MacTel build without X11 - status

Well, silly me. The first DVD did, in fact, have the X11 install package. It was just cleverly hidden in a long window that, with my remedial eyesight, didn't appear to have any Options Packages icons. It was there, just below the horizon...

OOo works with X11. I was pleased with the word processor, database, and spreadsheet, and, like most people I'm sure, horrified at the presentation manager (impress). It's not close to being able to open a PPT file and show it properly. Impress works OK to make standalone presentations from my simple tests.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org X11 Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5