Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Switching between OOo versions with Start OpenOffice.org
Switching between OOo versions with Start OpenOffice.org

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SM
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:05 am    Post subject: Switching between OOo versions with Start OpenOffice.org

Not sure if this is more appropriate here or in the Testing forum, but I noticed a small bug in Start OpenOffice.org:

I have both 1.0.3 (from the nice graphical installer) and 1.1 (from the console-based 031006 .tgz installer). They coexist fine and I have had no problems so far, both running under the XF86 installed by 1.0.3 and OroborOSX. The issue is that if I want to switch between preferred versions in the Preferences of Start OOo, it isn't sufficient to just quit out of the running version and then change the preference: after making the change in the pulldown menu, I have to completely quit Start OOo and then re-launch it. Is this really the intended behavior? If not, perhaps an "Apply" button could be added to the Start OOo Preferences window?

Terry, this is definitely not a show-stopper at all, just something to glance at if/when you have time.

-SM
Terry Teague

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Switching between OOo versions with Start OpenOffice.org

SM wrote:
Not sure if this is more appropriate here or in the Testing forum, but I noticed a small bug in Start OpenOffice.org:

I have both 1.0.3 (from the nice graphical installer) and 1.1 (from the console-based 031006 .tgz installer). They coexist fine and I have had no problems so far, both running under the XF86 installed by 1.0.3 and OroborOSX. The issue is that if I want to switch between preferred versions in the Preferences of Start OOo, it isn't sufficient to just quit out of the running version and then change the preference: after making the change in the pulldown menu, I have to completely quit Start OOo and then re-launch it. Is this really the intended behavior? If not, perhaps an "Apply" button could be added to the Start OOo Preferences window?

Terry, this is definitely not a show-stopper at all, just something to glance at if/when you have time.

-SM

Yes, I believe I am aware of some problems there - I think I recommend in the documentation to completely quit "Start OpenOffice.org" after changing the OOo version preferences. I am planning to make changes to the next version of "Start OpenOffice.org" to make it easier to switch between OOo versions, etc.

Regards, Terry
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1