· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - International Localization
International Localization

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice/C Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomas Schlesinger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:18 am    Post subject: International Localization

Hello,

is it possible to localize NeoOffice with some files of (X.11-)OpenOffice?

Thomas
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Since Neo is the same as the majority 1.0.1 OOo sources, you should be able to localize the majority of Neo with the OOo localization package. There are some additional resources in Neo that need to be preserved for it to run, so you should not replace the following Neo files:

vcl64101.res
    svt64101.res
    svx64101.res

You may want to make a backup of the "resources" directory (within the Neo bundle in Contents/resources/program/resources) before replacing files so you can restore anything that bombs. This may make some parts of the program not translated, but shold hit the major ones. Beware though, that unicode keyboard input is still being worked on, so you may wind up with a localized form that doesn't allow you to type anything Sad

ed
Thomas Schlesinger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:57 am    Post subject: Yes, it works!

I've tested it with german localization with the NeoOffice-CVS from yesterday, and it works! Typing german special characters works, too Very Happy

When starting NeoOffice, you now get the OpenOffice-logo Wink

Thomas
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject:

Hehe. To get the splashscreen and about box back, copy the neo64101.res file on top of the iso64101.res file you copied from the OOo sources.

Splashscreens are actually just a set of three files in the CVS builds...iso*.res are the StarOffice splashscreens, ooo*.res are the OpenOffice.org splashscreens, and neo*.res (only in the Neo CVS) are the NeoOffice splashscreens. The program looks for the iso*.res one all the time, and the various installers simply copy the appropriate iso, neo, or ooo file to that name when installing. The StarOffice ones shouldn't be used, obviously, since its trademark infringement even if the graphics themselves are open sourced Wink

ed
VARADERO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:11 pm    Post subject: How to localise Neooffice to Japanese

I want to use Neooffice on Panther and Japanese.
How can I do it ?

I'm sure that many of Mac user in Japan waits Neo works fine
in Japanese configuration.

Best regards,
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject:

Right now Neo isn't ready for end-users, and am unsure of its performance in Japanese. It didn't have RTL and vertical support until recently with the 1.1 move. You'll definitely have to wait a while before anything is ready.

The best existing option for Japanese is Neo/J. Neo/J supports automatic Japanese localization and works successfully with the Japanese input methods in Panther. Note that it will not support RTL text just yet as it's still 1.0.x based.

I've heard that OOo 1.1 X11 may work in Japanese, but I am unsure if patches to the VCL will function. OOo 1.0.x X11 doesn't have the ability to render MacOS X based Japanese fonts and won't work out of the box.

ed
VARA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:55 am    Post subject:

Thank you for your reply.
Now I'm using Neo/J on Japanese.
But it works too slowly, I use PBG4 400.

I tried to install Openoffice 1.1.0 on my PB,
it didn't work on Japanese,someone said
it needs some patch.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Well, I have a tibook 400 portable...and actually just about all of the OOo builds will be slow. Only about 3%, if that, of Neo/J is Java code. The speed issues plague OOo 1.0.3 in general. Especially if the tibook has less then 512 megs of memory.

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Well, I have a tibook 400 portable...and actually just about all of the OOo builds will be slow. Only about 3%, if that, of Neo/J is Java code. The speed issues plague OOo 1.0.3 in general. Especially if the tibook has less then 512 megs of memory.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice/C Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1