· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha code in new branch
NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha code in new branch

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha code in new branch

Please note that now that the NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha code is frozen, I have created the following tags and branches in the CVS repository:

Tag: NeoOffice-1_2_Alpha - This tag is the code that will be in the NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha binaries that I am in the process of uploading.
Branch: NeoOffice-1_2_branch - This is a new branch created from the NeoOffice-1_2_Alpha tag. All code related to future NeoOffice 1.2 patches and releases (e.g. Beta and final) will be put in this branch.

By creating the NeoOffice-1_2_branch branch, the HEAD branch is now available for Ed and I to do OOo 2.0/Mactel work. Not that we have any time to do such work, but at least we have some place to put the code when we do have time.

Ed,

Can you do a backup of the CVS repository when you have time?

Patrick
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha code in new branch

pluby wrote:
Please note that now that the NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha code is frozen, I have created the following tags and branches in the CVS repository:

Thank you. Tiger builds underway in a new directory.

CVS use: cvs checkout -r NeoOffice-1_2_Alpha NeoOffice, I presume.

After Ed syncs the anoncvs site, I will download and build from scratch.

Reports on problems with Tiger forthcoming.

James
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha code in new branch

jjmckenzie51 wrote:
CVS use: cvs checkout -r NeoOffice-1_2_Alpha NeoOffice, I presume.

Close, but it is cvs checkout -r NeoOffice-1_2_Alpha NeoOfficeJ (note the "J" on the module name). The module name "Neoffice" will check out the old Neo/C code.

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha code in new branch

pluby wrote:

Tag: NeoOffice-1_2_Alpha - This tag is the code that will be in the NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha binaries that I am in the process of uploading.

Patrick, what is the expected release date for 1.2 Alpha?

I'll be offline most of next week (Mon-Fri), so if it occurs then, someone else will need to push the updates to VersionTracker, MacUpdate, Apple Downloads, Freshmeat, the wiki/release notes, or I'll get to them once I get back in town.

Also, I'm working on updating the file I use for VT/MU/AD updates and wanted to verify the RAM and disk space reqs are unchanged: 256 MB RAM, 400 MB HD.

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha code in new branch

sardisson wrote:

I uploaded the binaries yesterday so the mirrors probably won't all be synced for a couple more days. Then, I need to update all of the www.planasa.org web pages. So, I am targeting the release for Wednesday, November 23rd.

sardisson wrote:
I'll be offline most of next week (Mon-Fri), so if it occurs then, someone else will need to push the updates to VersionTracker, MacUpdate, Apple Downloads, Freshmeat, the wiki/release notes, or I'll get to them once I get back in town.

No worries if these don't get updated until a week or so later. Normally, it takes at least that long for the translations of my web page changes to get done. I will keep a watch on VersionTracker and MacUpdate and try to update them if they link directly to a binary instead of the download.php page.

sardisson wrote:
Also, I'm working on updating the file I use for VT/MU/AD updates and wanted to verify the RAM and disk space reqs are unchanged: 256 MB RAM, 400 MB HD.

These specs are correct.

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha code in new branch

pluby wrote:
sardisson wrote:

So, I am targeting the release for Wednesday, November 23rd.

AM, PM? I can probably sneak online early in the AM or late at night EST and push the updates (see below for why...)

pluby wrote:
sardisson wrote:
updates to VersionTracker, MacUpdate, Apple Downloads, Freshmeat, the wiki/release notes, or I'll get to them once I get back in town.

No worries if these don't get updated until a week or so later.

VT/MU get a lot of whiny comments about "what's new!?", etc., when updates are pushed without details (usually MU/VT jumping the gun and doing the update themselves instead of waiting for the program author to do so, I'm sure...), and it's always nice to avoid those, given the other common complaints we can't do anything about....

Also, since we're changing the name, it's a little tricky and there'll be more to update....

Anyway. I have the update document all finalized, so any of the Community Relations team members could push the updates....

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha code in new branch

sardisson wrote:
pluby wrote:
sardisson wrote:

So, I am targeting the release for Wednesday, November 23rd.

AM, PM? I can probably sneak online early in the AM or late at night EST and push the updates (see below for why...)

You tell me. I will be at home all day Wednesday (family isn't arriving for the American Thanksgiving holiday until Thursday) so just tell me what day/time you want me to release after, and I will make it happen.

BTW, if anyone is wondering why I am releasing the binary the day before such a big American holiday, there are two main reasons:

1. The rest of the world (which comprise a lot more than half of our downloads) is not on holiday.

2. The American news and software download sites will probably not have many people working so my hope is that news of the release will go out more slowly which will give me time this weekend to resolve any glitches that might surface.

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha code in new branch

pluby wrote:
You tell me. I will be at home all day Wednesday (family isn't arriving for the American Thanksgiving holiday until Thursday) so just tell me what day/time you want me to release after, and I will make it happen.

My windows are typically 8-10 AM EST and 10-midnight EST, so if you want to drag yourself up for an early cup of caffineated beverage, we can do a Wednesday morning launch.

Smokey

The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha code in new branch

pluby wrote:
Can you do a backup of the CVS repository when you have time?

I did a backup yesterday evening, but I'll do another one right now. I generally do backups twice to three times per week Smile

ed
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha code in new branch

OPENSTEP wrote:
I did a backup yesterday evening, but I'll do another one right now. I generally do backups twice to three times per week Smile

Damn. I had to retag a few files. So, you can ignore today's special backup and we can just rely on the next regular backup.

Thanks,

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha code in new branch

sardisson wrote:
My windows are typically 8-10 AM EST and 10-midnight EST, so if you want to drag yourself up for an early cup of caffineated beverage, we can do a Wednesday morning launch.

At the rate I am going (I have to respin the binary tomorrow morning), Wednesday morning doesn't look feasible for me. So, is Wednesday evening OK? If so, I'll wait until your updates are out before I post mine. Then, over the weekend, I can periodically check MacUpdate and VersionTracker to ensure that they don't directly link to the binaries.

Patrick
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha code in new branch

pluby wrote:
sardisson wrote:

At the rate I am going (I have to respin the binary tomorrow morning), Wednesday morning doesn't look feasible for me. So, is Wednesday evening OK? If so, I'll wait until your updates are out before I post mine. Then, over the weekend, I can periodically check MacUpdate and VersionTracker to ensure that they don't directly link to the binaries.

Finished the Tiger level build with no errors. Preliminary testing of Writer and Calc revealed no major problems with OpenOffice 1.x, OpenDocument or Office formatted document reads. Will work with writing to OpenOffice 1.x and Office 97/XP formats later today (I have a very large spreadsheet that I will update.)

Reading those same files under OpenOffice 2.x will be a final test. I can also export them to another system for Office 97/XP testing.

James
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha code in new branch

pluby wrote:
sardisson wrote:

At the rate I am going (I have to respin the binary tomorrow morning), Wednesday morning doesn't look feasible for me. So, is Wednesday evening OK? If so, I'll wait until your updates are out before I post mine.

Sure, Weds evening is fine. Hope nothing else serious appears Smile

Smokey
who just saw snowflakes out his window

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha code in new branch

jjmckenzie51 wrote:
Finished the Tiger level build with no errors. Preliminary testing of Writer and Calc revealed no major problems with OpenOffice 1.x, OpenDocument or Office formatted document reads. Will work with writing to OpenOffice 1.x and Office 97/XP formats later today (I have a very large spreadsheet that I will update.)

FYI. Since I retagged a few files last night to fix bug 1157, 1158, and 1162, you will need to "cvs update -d makefile vcl" to get my latest changes. Then, delete the build.neo_vcl_patch file and invoke make to rebuild vcl and the installer.

Note that testing without these changes probably won't affect anything as the bugs that I fixed were very specific and had a low risk of breaking other code (I get very, very nervous making last minute fixes).

Patrick
val1984
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha code in new branch

pluby wrote:
Note that testing without these changes probably won't affect anything as the bugs that I fixed were very specific and had a low risk of breaking other code (I get very, very nervous making last minute fixes).

Sorry to report these Embarassed

I have compiled NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha, it took me about 20 hours on my 1,33 GHz AluBook. It worked well except some warnings. I want to work on toolbars customization but I fear any change to the images will require recompiling both OpenOffice.org and NeoOffice Sad
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2