· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - 10.3 install problems with ooo103
10.3 install problems with ooo103

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chakramedia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:42 am    Post subject: 10.3 install problems with ooo103

i just did a clean install of 10.3 GM and attempted to install OOo103 but the installer quits after launching. (yes X11 is installed) are there issues with this build and panther? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:13 pm    Post subject:

No testing yet has been done on Panther GM. I'll get back to you after the weekend when it's publicly available Smile

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:34 am    Post subject:

Hmm...where is it crashing on you? I was able to successfully launch the installer and do an install of ooo103 on 10.3 (7B85 is the build number, IIRC). Can you look in the Console for any error messages that you might see on your box or for the crashlog? Feel free to ask questions on how to do either of those Smile There have been reports of installer woes in the past, but I've never had a problem on Panther yet (yay!! Panther NDA over!!).

ed
johnruss

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 9:37 pm    Post subject: starting oo on 10.3 using apple X11

install appeared to go ok but starting failed with:

salogl.cxx/GetOGLFnc(): Could not load symbol glFlush
dyld: /Applications/OpenOffice.org1.0.3/program/soffice.bin Undefined symbols:
OpenGL undefined reference to _gll_noop expected to be defined in /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.dylib
OpenGL undefined reference to _gll_pkey expected to be defined in /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.dylib
Trace/BPT trap

Any idea what this is?
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:30 pm    Post subject:

That's a problem with how linking against OpenGL works...X11 has its own library named libgl, the same name as a system library. It's not specific to Panther, rather Apple X11.

Check out this entry in the FAQ:

http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=4&categories=Problems+Launching+OpenOffice.org#26

ed
Aaron

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Panther trouble

Okay, I also have Panther on my machine, and OpenOffice is behaving oddly. I can still open files and what not, but the windows are not appearing normally. I am unable to adjust anything like window size, or move anything around. Just thought you guys would like to know so you can check for code conflicts.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:31 pm    Post subject:

What X11 environment are you using that is giving you issues, and are other X11 applications working properly?

If you're using the Panther Apple X11, check to make sure that quartz-wm is working properly by moving around and resizing the xterm that appears when you launch it. I haven't seen any problems with quartz-wm on Panther, but haven't tried other window managers.

I also have not yet tried XFree86/OroborOSX on Panther.

ed

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Panther trouble

Aaron wrote:
Okay, I also have Panther on my machine, and OpenOffice is behaving oddly. I can still open files and what not, but the windows are not appearing normally. I am unable to adjust anything like window size, or move anything around. Just thought you guys would like to know so you can check for code conflicts.

I ran into this problem as well. I narrowed it down to the Macinstosh Look & Feel. If you run in the standard Look and Feel I don't have the problem.

-Rich

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:26 am    Post subject: installer problems

The installers for dlcompat and fondu seems to not be working properly. They run and finish allright, no errormessages, but the main ooo installer then quits saying they failed. This on panther. Anyone?
Terry Teague

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: installer problems

Anonymous wrote:
The installers for dlcompat and fondu seems to not be working properly. They run and finish allright, no errormessages, but the main ooo installer then quits saying they failed. This on panther. Anyone?

They worked fine for me. Sounds like you might have a conflict of some kind. You need to provide more details about your hardware/software configuration. Look in your Library/Logs/CrashReporter folder, to see if there are any relevant crashlogs.

Regards, Terry
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1