· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - OOo on Mac - two questions l anguage and X11 terminal
OOo on Mac - two questions l anguage and X11 terminal

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
giosetti

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: OOo on Mac - two questions l anguage and X11 terminal

I'm running OOo on the Mac now.

There are two users working on that machine, one German and one English speaking person. How can I organize that one person has a German language and the other person an English language layout? I only want to operate one copy of OOo with different menu languages fpr each user.

How can I suppress the X11 Terminal that opens when I launch OOo on the Mac?

Thanks,

Gio
val1984
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Well, to supress the XTerm, you can find the answer in a topic that isn't that far from yours.

And about the multilingual aspect, NeoOffice handles it without a problem but I don't know how to do the same with OpenOffice.org since there is one version of OpenOffice.org per language.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the help on the xinitrc - works perfectly.

And how can I make OOo use the Mac fonts?

And how does Neooffice alter the language of the menues? I must not run OOo, I can well run Neooffice which has the better font support Wink

And one more question to Neooffice - the menues come in pretty small fonts - how can I enlarge them (f.e. the menues of |tools|options)?
val1984
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
And how can I make OOo use the Mac fonts?

You have to use Fondu to convert your fonts but that's quite cumbersome. Which version of OpenOffice.org are you trying to use?

Quote:
And how does Neooffice alter the language of the menues? I must not run OOo, I can well run Neooffice which has the better font support Wink

The standard NeoOffice installation includes 12 languages (with only the English help but other helps are installable).

Quote:
And one more question to Neooffice - the menues come in pretty small fonts - how can I enlarge them (f.e. the menues of |tools|options)?

The menus are located in the top menu bar so they're as big as standard Mac OS X menus.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject:

Quote:
You have to use Fondu to convert your fonts but that's quite cumbersome. Which version of OpenOffice.org are you trying to use?

OOo 2.0

Quote:
The standard NeoOffice installation includes 12 languages (with only the English help but other helps are installable).

Yes, but how do I switch the languages? Or do I have to install two Neooffices, each one in a different language?[/quote]

As to the size of the menues: scaling in |tools|options|general did the trick.
val1984
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Yes, but how do I switch the languages? Or do I have to install two Neooffices, each one in a different language?

If the 2 sessions are correctly set up (all other applications are already in the wanted language), you have nothing to do.
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject:

Anonymous wrote:
As to the size of the menues: scaling in |tools|options|general did the trick.

Oh, you meant the text in the internal menus, accessed with ctrl/right-click - not the menubar menus. Yes, tools->options->neooffice->view->scale affects text size in those menus, as well as in the status bar and any text displayed in the toolbars, such as style/font names.
I have the opposite interest from you; if you're operating at a not very high resolution, such as on my powerbook, you can set the scale to 90% and it makes the contextual menus smaller, so less mouse movement to use them.

- yoxi
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1